21 SE Bunks vs Rollers?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGeminski

Reaction score
I am looking for some experienced opinions on bunks vs rollers on trailers for the 21SE The boat would be bottom painted and kept on the trailer with an electric winch. What are the pros and cons of each? Do I have to dunk the trailer if I am using bunks? Any opinions on the freshwater wash down systems you can install on trailers?

Most people in the NE have rollers...This is due to the radical difference in tides and conditions of launching.

My tides here on the Gulf Coast are aprox 1ft...from High to Low. Bunk trailers are the choice here. You will not see a power winch around here.....that is unless they don't have a clue. :roll: We drive the boat onto the trailer.

Call Neil @ East Coast Trailers 631.647.7792, he will guide you in the right direction. I just picked up a bunk trailer from him for my 2320....competive pricing....

It's going to depend on the ramp where you plan to launch. if you have a deep ramp where you can sink the trailer (at all tides) get bunks. They are cheaper, easier to maintain, and I find it a lot easier to drive the boat on or float it off (depending on the direction I am going). i also find there less jockeying the boat to get it to sit on the trailer correctly. If the ramp you plan to use is shallow at low tide, you may want rollers so you can crank the boat up onto the trailer.

My Parker sits on a bunk trailer. The family Steiger sits on a roller trailer. My brother is considering converting the rollers to bunks for that one.

Back