2100 DVCC Stereo Install - Where to Mount?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanc2

Reaction score
Thinking of adding a stereo to my 2100 DVCC. Talked with Jim at BOE and thinking of going with a Jenson MS2013BTR and Wet Sounds 6.5" speakers. Question is - where should I mount for the best sound? T-top, console, other?

Thanks in advance...

I put a pair of 6x9's on each side of the front end of the console and a pair of 6" under my electronics box. I have a Fusion radio and a JBL amp installed inside the console.

I have the fusion radio with remote control , jl audio mx770 speakers x"s 4 thats a 7.7" speaker with a jl audio 4 channel amp M/400 and that power is incredible.

Attachments

• IMG_3818.JPG
    IMG_3818.JPG
    314.9 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_6440.jpg
    IMG_6440.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_5715.jpg
    IMG_5715.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 134
I just installed one of these in the console compartment using the optional mount. Sounds great paired with some 7" JBL marine coax speakers mounted low on the console sides. Simple system that gives you FM and ability to control ipod/iphone. Expandable if you want to add an amp/additional speakers in the future.

http://www.fusionelectronics.com/marine ... es/ms-ra50

georgevazquez":2a1x8slf said:
the actual radio is in the storage area under the steering wheel, and the amp is in the CC

That's a sweet setup. I like the idea of not having an overhead electronics box too. Thanks for the ideas and pictures.

Jenson MS2013BTR

If that is what you want then highly recommend a Fusion IPod 600.

A much better built and functioning unit.

It has a "Real" volume control knob, instead of those stupid buttons. The Ipod fit's inside of it.

70watts per channel..No need for a amp to draw aditional amperage from your battery.

100_4516.jpg

100_4515.jpg

I originally had the fusion ipod600 with just 4 the jl audio speakers I mentioned above and it sounded great, but when I added the jl M/400 amp it was a completely different system. those speakers need the extra power, and the amp doesn't draw much, its a design that JL did specifically for marine applications. I tried it both ways and I'm glad I added the amp, on the down side its $420 bucks. just my 2cents.

"JL Audio M-Series amplifiers employ our exclusive NexD™ switching technology to achieve total amplifier efficiencies exceeding 80%. This means they run much cooler and put less strain on your vessel's electrical system than a conventional amplifier "

warthog5":38y2kms7 said:
Jenson MS2013BTR

If that is what you want then highly recommend a Fusion IPod 600.

A much better built and functioning unit.

It has a "Real" volume control knob, instead of those stupid buttons. The Ipod fit's inside of it.

70watts per channel..No need for a amp to draw aditional amperage from your battery.

I was looking at one of the other Fusion models - 205 I think? I don't care about the ipod dock - all I have is an iPhone 5 which I don't think works with that. Would rather have BT or USB connectivity for the iPhone. Jim @ BOE recommended the Jenson. Would rather not have to add the amp (at least now) - no room in the budget.

I would second the Fusion suggestion, and would look into a MS-BT100, which is their add-on bluetooth input.

100% on the fusion this is my third year with the system and it has performed flawless (knock on wood) I have a PH 2320 I mounted the receiver on the dash, the i pod dock inside the V berth out of the way, and I have the remote on the back of the PH which is really nice when fishing not to have to go in and out of the PH to change stations songs or volume. No CD's to worry about etc....
The zone feature is nice to I can have the speakers on out on deck but off inside the PH when coming into the marina.

Attachments

• garmin project 3.JPG
    garmin project 3.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 80
  • fusion8.JPG
    fusion8.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 80
  • fushion5.jpg
    fushion5.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 80
When I installed my speakers, I placed them on the side of the console, but more towards the bow, and mounted them low below the gunnel line.

So basically the speakers where shooting at the hull sides.

I was using a Alpine head unit, with Infinity marine speakers, and the sound was VERY good.

Attachments

• IMG_0028.JPG
    IMG_0028.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 58
Back