2100CC and 2100SE or Where in I have reverse 2 footitis

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking of going to a CC over the summer. I have been cured through fishing some bad weather this fall. I was stuck in a rain storm in the Cape May rips, fished the MSSA on gw204's boat in 25 knot winds and low 40's with some drizzle, and fished a couple of hours with the boy Sat morning when it was below freezing....

I have my Mr. Heater and my enclosure going with me to the CBBT. Glad to have a place for some refuge from the wind rain and cold!

rangerdog":1mgptr2d said:
Pros and cons of 2100cc and 2100se?

When compared to a cabin boat?...

Way more fun in the summer, way less fun in the winter. :wink:

I'm assuming you want a comparision of the DV vs the SE. I have a 21SE and use it for any fishing I want to do - From 40 miles offshore to up in the creeks chasing Speckled Trout, Redfish, and Flounder.
I would not try get up in some of the creeks I go in with the DV but with the motor tilted up I can drift through water a foot or so deep with the SE.
I've had DV boats in the past from 18' to 25' all without trim tabs. With tabs on the 21SE the ride in a chop is better than any DV I've had without them. I'll never have another boat without them. If you are never going up in shallow water then the DV may suit you better. But the SE gives me the option of going anywhere I want and with a little better fuel economy and less power needed (I have 150 2 stroke).

Well my son is moving to Florida :( , my other partners all have new babies, etc. The 2320 is difficult for me to trailer, launch, and retrieve by myself, my wife started getting sea sick this summer. With the boat in Breezy point I am not using it like it should be used.

After the season ends with a long weekend at the CBBT, I will polish the Puddleduck up and put her up for sale. She is a great boat and will make someone very happy.

So therefore I will be looking to buy a 2100CCDV or 2100SE. My biggest decision is do I want a deep V that rolls a lot but handles chop better, or do I want a mod V that is more stationary.

Maneuverability is what I get with the 2100. My dad lives near the CBBT and can't get up here anymore to fish with me because of my mom's health and I don't much like towing the 2320 back and forth. I only fish from April through December so the 2100 seems like a no brainer.

It will also allow me to tow to SC for redfish and FL to fish with my son.

That's the back story; that's why I want you all's 2100 expertise.

John

I bought a 2100CC after selling off my 2003 2520XL. I also boat out of BP. I could single-handle launch and retrieve the 25 footer, but it sure is a lot easier with the 21-footer. In my mind, the 2100 rides softer in the chop at higher speeds than the 2520. Of course, when you are out there and the weather turns to crap, there's no cabin to hide it with the CC.

I got my 2100CC with an F150. With two or three guys aboard, fuel, gear, ice, et cetera, I still get 40+ mph at WOT and cruise between 25 and 30 mph buring about half the gas of the 25-footer.

Got my rig at Tri-State, but went elsewhere for a Loadmaster bunk trailer.
I

hakr":3qscm3tx said:
I bought a 2100CC after selling off my 2003 2520XL. I also boat out of BP. I could single-handle launch and retrieve the 25 footer, but it sure is a lot easier with the 21-footer. In my mind, the 2100 rides softer in the chop at higher speeds than the 2520. Of course, when you are out there and the weather turns to crap, there's no cabin to hide it with the CC.

I got my 2100CC with an F150. With two or three guys aboard, fuel, gear, ice, et cetera, I still get 40+ mph at WOT and cruise between 25 and 30 mph buring about half the gas of the 25-footer.

Got my rig at Tri-State, but went elsewhere for a Loadmaster bunk trailer.
I

Thnks hakr. For launching a 2100 I also would want a bunk trailer. My 2320 is on a 7500# roller. So for you, the F150 is a good motor it would seem. Does your DV roll a lot? I think part of the rolling problem with the 2320 is the pilothouse and wind. I really love the pilothouse but the CC would seem to meet my needs right now. When I retire a whole different boat will meet those needs. I'll look for you at BP.

No, I don't believe the 2100CC rolls too much.

I downgraded this fall from a 2005 2520SL to a 2007 21SE with an F150. It is stable on the drift, and trim tab usage makes her a decent riding moderate speed boat. I have fished for stripers this fall in her with my son, and two larger men. At times we were a tad tight, but if you regularly fish two or three, and occasionally four, the room is great.

Mine has the leaning post with rocket launcher, and a foot rest installed on the console. Big thumbs up. Mine also has a bimini; I wish it didn't. Mine also has the forward platform with cooler, and I wish the floor just went straight to the bow. The platform is great with a cushion for my wife and daughter to sit, under the bow dodger, yet I can't help but think a couple of Westmarine folding chairs would do just fine there under the dodger as well, and easily come off the boat for more fishing room as well when they are not along for the ride.

IMG_0145.jpg

helm-1.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

One option on the CC would be to add a "Walleye Pete" signature model enclosure. :D

ja13_002.jpg

It's not a sport cabin, but it does serve a purpose. :wink:

ParkerSal":2ih9422k said:
Mine also has the forward platform with cooler, and I wish the floor just went straight to the bow. The platform is great with a cushion for my wife and daughter to sit, under the bow dodger, yet I can't help but think a couple of Westmarine folding chairs would do just fine there under the dodger as well, and easily come off the boat for more fishing room as well when they are not along for the ride.

The attached photo shows my 23 SE with a single-level floor. I keep two large coolers in the front for dry storage and for passenger seating. It works well.

Attachments

• Resize of IMGP1395.JPG
    Resize of IMGP1395.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 815
Back