2120 bulkhead second station on Long Island

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12lbpug

Reaction score
Hello,
Looking to see if there is anybody out there on Long Island, (Suffolk) that either, has it, did it or had it done.
Curious on feedback on layout, steering pump and controls (Single or Morse).
I hear there is a kit from parker but don't know if there are options or pricing.
Thank you for your time.

12lbpug":2uudiv3w said:
Hello,
Looking to see if there is anybody out there on Long Island, (Suffolk) that either, has it, did it or had it done.
Curious on feedback on layout, steering pump and controls (Single or Morse).
I hear there is a kit from parker but don't know if there are options or pricing.
Thank you for your time.

Im in Center Moriches and have the second station ,mounted on the bulkhead. Pm me if you want to come check it out ,take measursements,etc.
Jerry

Did you order through parker? This is something I may tackle late summer, thought the Morse controls was the way to do it. Have to do some reading.
Thank you for the input

Did all the work myself. Got the bulkhead through Parker.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1466385508.427897.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1466385508.427897.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 253
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1466385601.760210.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1466385601.760210.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 254
Nice, I did see your set up, I like the small wheel. How many inch did you choose?
I read the Parker bulkhead needs to get cut up? Don't know, it looks good to me.
A local dealer can do it but they use Morse. Why did you choose single lever?
Thank you

15" destroyer wheel. The bulkhead is fine the way it is. The morse controls are horrible for docking plus anyone can drive it without having to go through a tutorial.

What brand of binnical controls did you use? I wonder if yamaha has dual station controls?

Had the morse dual station on my last parker and hated them also.

I read the Yamaha did not offer a single lever control for dual stations? I am taking that you have a dual station set up.
If I may ask, What was so horrible about the Morse? Hook up, adjusting or adjusting to different control lever?
kidfreediver, I thought your wheel was smaller I saw someone else with a 10" and used it for trolling/docking and it was fine for low speed. Thanks guys

fisheron":36jdugrv said:
What brand of binnical controls did you use? I wonder if yamaha has dual station controls?

Had the morse dual station on my last parker and hated them also.

So you can make and single lever dual action control into a dual station with a ds unit throttle and shift from seastar.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1466534765.563166.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1466534765.563166.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 207
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1466534794.598710.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1466534794.598710.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 207
12lbpug":1xojy0ni said:
I read the Yamaha did not offer a single lever control for dual stations? I am taking that you have a dual station set up.
If I may ask, What was so horrible about the Morse? Hook up, adjusting or adjusting to different control lever?
kidfreediver, I thought your wheel was smaller I saw someone else with a 10" and used it for trolling/docking and it was fine for low speed. Thanks guys
The morse controls are really hard to figure out for some wanting to just jump on the boat plus a docking it's really easy just to feather with a single lever then having to com off throttle then shift then come of reverse then throttle the come off.... If u see what I'm getting at I pull one lever back and forth not two and the response is better and quicker especially if some else is driving they can pick it up really quick. Aka my wife and fellow fishing buddy's.

Thank you for the pictures and info. I understand what you mean with the Morse style controls, I'll take a look at the seastar site.

Thank you, great info and pictures kidfreediver.
In the back of the helm with the hyd. steering lines. Do they make 90's now or still just the Tee's? I agree, looks like the bend would stress out the line and take up some space.

12lbpug":btfm32iy said:
Thank you, great info and pictures kidfreediver.
In the back of the helm with the hyd. steering lines. Do they make 90's now or still just the Tee's? I agree, looks like the bend would stress out the line and take up some space.
They do make 90 degree bends but that won't come in the second steer station kit. 'Warthog' found some to fit his unit and it make it a clean look. If that's what you like they grab it. I'm not real concerned about it cuz the bending radius is not tight enough to be a concern plus as long as everything else is organized (wiring) then it not that important once you close the hatch.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1467138157.824987.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1467138157.824987.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 146

Latest posts

Back