2120 cabin squeak

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lklandpier

Reaction score
I have a 2012 2120 that has a port side cabin squeak that is most noticed with the cabin door shut running in chop. Is sounds as if something is rubbing 'squeaking' and not secured properly. I have a friend with an 05 2120 that makes the exact same noise in the same location. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this and if a solution was determined. The noise is driving me nuts. I've doubled checked every connection I can find in the back port side corner of the cabin and have found nothing loose.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Cheers

I have a 2017 2120, but usually operate it with the cabin door closed. If I was experiencing what you report, I would rule out the piano hinge on the cabin door that is on the port side. I would probably start with a squirt or two of silicone spray.

lklandpier":175cay01 said:
I have a 2012 2120 that has a port side cabin squeak that is most noticed with the cabin door shut running in chop. Is sounds as if something is rubbing 'squeaking' and not secured properly. I have a friend with an 05 2120 that makes the exact same noise in the same location. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this and if a solution was determined. The noise is driving me nuts. I've doubled checked every connection I can find in the back port side corner of the cabin and have found nothing loose.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Cheers
I don’t know but maybe loose or broken fasteners holding cabin to hull. Just pull out some rub rail strip inserts n check Maybe lack of adhesive holding pieces together

I appreciate the responses.

I've ruled out cabin door, bench seat, wiring behind the chase in the corner of the cabin etc. I think Brent nailed it. It sounds exactly like what you describe. I wonder if this would be considered part of the Parker hull warranty. I would rather the dealer make this type of a repair.

Cheers

I’ve got the same squeak and I’ve never been able to locate it. Been 10 years now. No sign of water penetration so I never pulled the rub rail. I’d be very interested in what you find.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to forward this thread to Eric Denton at Parker to see if he has any insight. Seems to be a common problem. He's always been great at getting back to me. Hopefully more to come soon.

Cheers

Response from Eric at Parker:

Joe,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this. I would check the screws that fasten the back wall of the cabin to the ledger strip at the bottom. The screws are behind the poly trim on the outside.

Regards,

Eric Denton
Engineering
Parker Marine Ent.
252 728-5621[/I]

Latest posts

Back