2120 fish hold

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kilowatts

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for some advice on the 2120. I've been brain storming on idea's on where to put all of the salmon I'm gonna catch this coming season? 4 guys equals 8 salmon and than maybe some rock fish. So far I've come up with fish cooler bags and maybe storing them on the walk way on the sides of the cabin. My next idea would be some kind of removable custom made storage that would fit in the open space with the outboard down.

My third and best idea is posting on this website to see what other 2120 owners have done? Thanks for any help! I'm trying to avoid have ice chest on the fishing deck!

I have a 2120 also, to solve that problem I bought a cooler seat and mounted it to deck, it will hold 8 salmon easy ,I took the back rest off so it was easy to walk around,

I have the same boat as you and to solve the fish hold problem, I removed the motorwell splash guard and installed a yeti cooler slider system: this holds a 110 Tundra series cooler (or an Igloo polar 120 quart). The slider can be moved forward to access the bilge through the hatch, or locked into the "back" position which acts as a motor well splash guard in of itself. I don't have a pic with cooler loaded, but here's the slider system. Also, I keep an Igloo 120 between the v'berth in the cabin for "overflow" fish box (once they are hypotherma'tized, I move them into the v'berth cooler to open up space in the deck cooler).

In this pic, the overflow cooler would be located immediately behind Nemo's tail (Ive removed the head)...when fishing, I remove the center cushions in the berth.
Aaron

sydngoose

I love your idea !!
I think I might do the same
Looks like that would work great !!
Thanks for the Pics

sydngoose":1bzer24s said:
I have the same boat as you and to solve the fish hold problem, I removed the motorwell splash guard and installed a yeti cooler slider system: this holds a 110 Tundra series cooler (or an Igloo polar 120 quart). The slider can be moved forward to access the bilge through the hatch, or locked into the "back" position which acts as a motor well splash guard in of itself. I don't have a pic with cooler loaded, but here's the slider system. Also, I keep an Igloo 120 between the v'berth in the cabin for "overflow" fish box (once they are hypotherma'tized, I move them into the v'berth cooler to open up space in the deck cooler).

In this pic, the overflow cooler would be located immediately behind Nemo's tail (Ive removed the head)...when fishing, I remove the center cushions in the berth.
Aaron

Can't seem to locate the "yeti cooler slider system" anywhere on line, would you have a link or a place where you purchased yours?

I think this is it
Not to cheep $ 320.0-$355.00 depending on size

COOLER SLIDE

On many boats the coolers are kept under leaning post, gunwales or other hard to reach areas. The new Cooler Slide makes it easy to access the cooler. The slide is made of non-corrosive starboard material with a stainless steel spring latch which secures the slide in the extended and retracted positions. It is designed to be simple and functional. This slide comes in four widths to match the Frigid Rigid coolers, 15”, 18”, 21” and 24”. With some small modifications it can be used with other brands of coolers. The space required to install the coolers is the length of the cooler plus 2 inches and the height of the cooler plus an inch and a quarter

http://frigidrigid.com/accessories/

From what I have read, Yeti does not make/ sell them anymore. However, you could PROBABLY find a new one on EBAY or "birdsall marine" makes a nice one that is comparable to Yeti. As mentioned, other "high end" cooler company's offer a similar system: Grizzly, Frigidriged, etc... I would not want any different set up on my boat. It's just perfect!

Sully":2qm7bcjj said:

These are identical to mine that I purchased through YETI. I understand Birdsall Marine actually made them for Yeti. $255 is what I paid for my system as well 1 1/2 years ago through Yeti. Again, I can't recommend this system enough: it's revolutionized deck space and fish hold.

sydngoose":204wb85m said:
Sully":204wb85m said:

These are identical to mine that I purchased through YETI. I understand Birdsall Marine actually made them for Yeti. $255 is what I paid for my system as well 1 1/2 years ago through Yeti. Again, I can't recommend this system enough: it's revolutionized deck space and fish hold.

Curious what size you went on the slide system?

Kilowatts":21ffxd09 said:
sydngoose":21ffxd09 said:
Sully":21ffxd09 said:

Curious what size you went on the slide system?

After reviewing icechest it looks like the 18" ones will work best but if someone can confirm this that would be great!

Love this slide system. I'll be putting it on mine also. I was wanting to remove the splash guard anyway and having a cooler sticking out in roughly the same space is at least useful.

Synodgoose, are you able to trim you motor enough to get the skeg even with the keel without sliding it up? Also, would you be able to mount that any further aft (1"" or 2")and still have clearance? Especially at lower tides it's shallow in many back side areas here in the Carolina's and I would need to be able to trim at least that much on occasion without going back and sliding it up. Great idea and system. Thanks for sharing.

shawnee83":2gh4o8qt said:
Love this slide system. I'll be putting it on mine also. I was wanting to remove the splash guard anyway and having a cooler sticking out in roughly the same space is at least useful.

Synodgoose, are you able to trim you motor enough to get the skeg even with the keel without sliding it up? Also, would you be able to mount that any further aft (1"" or 2")and still have clearance? Especially at lower tides it's shallow in many back side areas here in the Carolina's and I would need to be able to trim at least that much on occasion without going back and sliding it up. Great idea and system. Thanks for sharing.

I was thinking the same thing ..I am going to trim my motor up all the way and see how far out the cooler projects
then trim down the motor to the lowest point I feel comfortable with but still trimmed up then call it from there maybe splitting the difference from projecting forward or too set back I was also thinking about using industrial strength double stick tape on the bottom of slides at first before screwing into the deck to be sure where I want it

My new cooler slide system is installed. I will post some pictures but it looks like the above pictures except I went a little wider to fit the 156 quart cooler from costco, lots of room for fish plus it has drink holder in the lid….. Perfect spot to set drink down and grab a rod!

shawnee83":1qm4j999 said:

To answer your questions:
No, with the cooler in the aft position, I can trim the motor up enough to trailer, enough to power load onto the trailer..but I would say it will only trim 45-55% of the total distance in the up position. I have positioned the sliding system as far aft as possible to maximize the deck space. I also have a 43 gallon above deck livewell in the middle of my cockpit. With the slider in the forward position, I can still walk between the cooler and livewell. Hope this helps.
My boat is in hgh/ dry at a local marina otherwise I'd shoot you more photos.
SNG

Thanks Syndgoose. I will do some measuring on mine. I may be able to just use it as an option when offshore fishing when I only need to worry about regular trim settings.

Latest posts

Back