2120 Helm window leaking

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The starboard lower corner of the helm window leaked badly while running into heavy seas and rain a couple weeks ago from Beaver Island to Charlevoix, MI. The window is not sealed tightly as you can see in the photos.
Should I remove and reinstall the window or perhaps add spacers to the delrin latches to apply more pressure to the seal? They don't seem too snug currently.
As a side note - the Garmin GPS MAP 1243xsv fits perfectly in the helm.

Attachments

• IMG_1894.jpg
    IMG_1894.jpg
    557 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1895.jpg
    IMG_1895.jpg
    530.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1896.jpg
    IMG_1896.jpg
    544.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1897.jpg
    IMG_1897.jpg
    724.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1898.jpg
    IMG_1898.jpg
    786 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1899.jpg
    IMG_1899.jpg
    484 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1900.jpg
    IMG_1900.jpg
    495.4 KB · Views: 0
If you can tell that the latches are not pulling snug then adding a few washers to increase the height of the block that the latches contact would be a good place to start, as you suggested. If that fixes it then you could find a more permanent fix that achieved the same thing.

I’m not sure what year your boat is, but the window seals definitely tend to compress over time. Advantec sells replacement window gaskets by the foot as Brent mentioned. Just gotta take a lot of pics and measurements of what you have to figure out what to order. It’s on my to do list the next time I pull my boat out on the trailer for some extended time.

Thank you both!
My 2120 SC is a 2015 model. The rubber gasket does not seem to be flattened out. I believe the issue is due to poor window installation. The frame has several areas where the frame is not flush - it has raised areas (bulges).
I think I'll try your suggestion with the washers to raise the height of the blocks until I can find a source for new blocks.

Back