2120 major mod or ante up : sell her and buy a 2320

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sydngoose

Reaction score
Hi fellas: i got my 2120 set up ALMOST perfectly for my needs: the two "wants" that I can add this year are a.) Autopilot (garmin) to interface w/ my 4210 and b.) Windlass (lewmar profish 700 w/ remote control)...Both those will set me back about $4000. Now, my dilemma...my boat is too small. I have considered enlisting the services of my marine fab company (Schaefer marine in Tampa) and closing in the transom, adding a bracket, selling the Yamaha F150 and adding a F225...total cost would be about $10,000 (figuring the positive equity in my current motor and the extra cost to purchase a f225.
OR
Sell the 2120 now without adding Autopilot and windlass. Buy the 2320 and outfit it for my current needs. Let me preface this by saing I LOVE MY 2120 and selling her breaks my heart...this is one MAJOR reason why I'd like to keep her and modify her though economically, it may not make sense. Comments or alternative suggestions???

I'd say sell. You will still probably still dump plenty of $ into the new one, they are never perfect to us :D , but you will have the larger deck that you are after. I just don't think closing in the transom on the 2120 will net you the space that you are looking for. Good luck!

I thought about buying a 2120 and in the end it was just to small. I got the 2320 this year and LOVE it. Almost wish I had done the 25, but just did not need that much boat. I can still handle the 2320 by myself, got to be fast at the docks however or very good. I would just worry about sinking that much more money into the 2120 when you could get a 2320 with that stuff already. I think you will love the 2320 just as much and it may be the times you've had on the 2120 you love so much as well which you will also have on the 2320. I bet you will LOVE the space, good luck to you!

Back