2120 Port Pedestal Seat

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greatcir

Reaction score
In looking for a port pedestal seat for my 2120 SC so my mate can face forward and see out the window, I have looked at Todd, Pompanette, B & M, etc. and looks like one with arm rests is in the $200 - $400 range. I may buy the B & M Captain's Chair from West Marine for $189 model 375410.

I have a pedestal post with adustable height that will work. I plan to remove the starboard facing port bench seat and the storage box under it. I can always add more storage behind the port seat later. The port seat also bugs me as stuff falls behind it and I cannot easily reach into the area aft of the cabin.

Then I came across the Northern Tool catalogue with the item 17495 suspension stroke seat with armrests for $149. If I shorten the fore and aft travel I think it might work on my post. But it may be ugly from the front and back? Like that it may be a shock absorber and be tough.

Any thoughts, comments, ideas............would be welcomed.

Attachments

• 17495_lg.gif
    17495_lg.gif
    12.7 KB · Views: 1,194
i'd consider going with a Wise pedestal seat which is OEM for Parker. Wise makes their pedestal seats which are fairly comfortable and cost effective.

HAVE YOU THOUGHT HOW YOU WILL ANCHOR THE SEAT TO THE DECK?

I'M DOING THE SAME THING ON MY 25 -I DO ALOT OF OFFSHORE AND NEED A CO PILOT CLOSE UP WHO CAN SEE FORWARD AND WORK THE INSTRUMENTS AND CHARTS AND BE A LOOKOUT. THE BENCH IS NICE AND COMFORTABLE BUT NOT VERY PRACTICLE.
I AM A BIT CONCERNED ABOUT STORAGE AND EXTRA SEATING . I'LL FIND A WAY TO WORK THAT OUT. I'M GOING WITH THE PARKER LADDERBACK CAPTIAN'S CHAIR TO MATCH THE HELM SEAT AND A SHORTER PEDESTAL
LS

I talked with Robin Parker this week about this and you can buy the pedestal seat and a new "shotened version" of the bench seat. This was for a 2120SC. Looks like what I'm looking for. They say you have to use a backing plate for the pedestal seat. Do you think you could away with using a large plate (size of the top of the box) ontop of the box rather than cutting into the box and removing foam to make room for a backing plate?

I did not use the "tractor" seat because it looked like it needed too many modificaitons. It usually mounts on a flat surface.

I did decide to remove the bench seat and go with a pedestal (no backing plate as did not want to fool with the foam). I also added a jump seat on a storage bin behind the port pedestal seat and it is working great. I seldom have jump seat passengers and the seat & bin easly and quickly just lift out for access and flexibility.

See: 2120 Port Seat, Jump Seat, and Storage Modifications
2120 Port Seat, Jump Seat, and Storage Modifications #2 for more details

Attachments

• port finished (Small).JPG
    port finished (Small).JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 982
You can order matching pedestals, seats and "Parker" logo upholestry from your local Parker dealer...if you want a match.

Back