2120 Port Seat, Jump Seat, and Storage Modifications #2

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greatcir

Reaction score
More photos of the modifications after the 6 photos on the original posting.

Attachments

• heater in new layout (Medium).JPG
    heater in new layout (Medium).JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,673
  • Garelick seat (Medium).JPG
    Garelick seat (Medium).JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,673
  • adjustable height port seat - old captain's seat (Medium).JPG
    adjustable height port seat - old captain's seat (Medium).JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,673
  • new port seating (Medium).JPG
    new port seating (Medium).JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,673
  • port finished (Medium).JPG
    port finished (Medium).JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,673
It is amazing on how much more useful you've made the cabin with just a few well thought out modifications.
Very nice! 8)

Verrrrry interesting! I like, I like! I have oft toyed with the idea of removing the bench seat and installing a chair, but my wife would kill me if I remove her "lounge seat." I often carry four on board and the other three invariably cram themselves onto the bench, so I sometimes wish it was about a foot longer.

When women are on board I need the potty in the forward location so the curtains will draw in front for privacy. I guess that's the sacrifice I make for a wife who takes her fishing seriously. I guess the only solution for me is His -n- Hers Parkers! :twisted:

There are many of us that are puzzling over storage solutions for the 2120. I think your approach will probably work for most. Can't wait to see what's next!

Ranger Tim,
We did extend the bench by making a pocket under the seat for a slide out, and while we regularly use it for sleeping, it's somewhat cramped for seating 4.
IMG_6766.jpg

IMG_6531.jpg

IMG_6532.jpg

Notice we also relocate the seat back to make the berth wider for sleeping.
And ya' know if you turn the hatch over so the hinge is at the bottom (see first pic), it's much easier to use (but we just lift up the seat now).

jeffnick,

can you explain how you get the backrest of the bench seat to lie flat. Did you mount it on a hinge? Are you able to raise it again when you want to use it as a seat?

We had new cushions made for the seat and backrest because I was unwilling to dig into the OEM to remove the back brackets, but knowing what I do now, I'd use the OEM stuff. I had all 3 cushions made at a local trim shop for I think $175 - I supplied the plywood.

Yes, the back can be used in either place. I 'hang' it on the cabin side using bimini hardware. I'm on my way to splash in Charleston right now -- I'll post more pics when I return.

Back