2120 SC "Little Tank"

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luv2fish

Reaction score
I know that Dale has referred to the 2120 Pilot House as a little tank and I'm sold on this term. I usually fish the middle Chesapeake Bay in my 2120 but this weekend I had the opportunity to participate in the Military Appreciation Day (MAD Virginia) fishing event in Norfolk, Virginia. I trailered the boat down there on Friday and spent the night on the boat. It is the first time I have installed the screens and was impressed with how comfortable it was to sleep. I'm 6 feet tall and had no problems stretching out in the cuddy. I put my boat in at Little Creek Navy base tucked in with some bigger boats.

The following morning we had steady 15 knot winds coming from the NE so it we found a lot of good 3 footers when we were crossing the bay. We decided to head across and tuck in behind the southern tip of the Eastern Shore near Latimore Shoal. The wind would be blocked and we would do some chumming for cobia and sharks. I had two new Navy recruits who had never fished saltwater.

It was "sporty" to say the least heading in to the wind in the morning. For those of you that have never had the opportunity to cross the Chesapeake bay at the mouth of the bay it resembles the old video game "Frogger". The mouth of the bay has 4 channels for large ships to exit and enter the bay. As I was heading across I had my radar running and could see the large ships coming down at each channel. Timing my crossing at a whopping 15 MPH with the waves breaking over the bow gave my crew a real chance to see why I own a Pilot House. I had an experienced mate to help with the fishing and he had never been on a Parker. He ended the day saying that when he gets his own boat it will be a Parker Pilot House.

We had a lot of fun but we didn't get the caliber of fish we had hoped. We had sharks and cobia around our boat but couldn't seem to get them in the boat. We did catch some blues and croaker so the guys got to catch some fish and had a great day. The ride back with following seas was smoother and quicker.

Yesterday confirmed why I am so happy with my Parker.

Steve

Attachments

• Parker in slip.jpg
    Parker in slip.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 596
Great Story!
Love my 2120
Spent four years down in Norfolk on FF1097
Haze grey and underway :)

Nice post! I fish regularly on the York and into the bay with my 2120 and can relate to your feelings. It is always nice when water it hitting the windshield and I turn and say to by buddy, "Glad we are not in a CC out here right now". Or when it is cold outside and I smile once again.
Ironically the guy I purchased by little tank from had it stored at Little Creek.

Luv2fish":27r9ssav said:
I know that Dale has referred to the 2120 Pilot House as a little tank and I'm sold on this term.
Ahhhh, I actually refer to them as a "pocket bsttleship"!

Now if I only could find a USED one w/ no motor ...

Nice. I crawled around a 2120 when I was visiting Tri-State Marine on Saturday. I was impressed - a lot of boat squeezed into a 21' package ...

Salesman told me that it is basically the same boat as the 2320 except the 2320 has a few extra feet aft.

Dale, sorry for the misquote. Pocket battleship translated by a retired Army guy ends up being a little tank. :)

My 2120SC turned 1 in June of this year. Even in Florida (Amelia Island), the sport cabin is great. Cool in the summer, warm in the winter, and provides great protection from those nasty thunder storms.

Going to fish the Martha's Vineyard Bass Derby in Late September/October and I will sure miss it while I fishing in my son's center console.

Luv2fish":2alg65hr said:
Pocket battleship translated by a retired Army guy ends up being a little tank. :)
Haha, love it! And thanks for your service!

Luv2fish":3d9j7m3e said:
I know that Dale has referred to the 2120 Pilot House as a little tank and I'm sold on this term. I usually fish the middle Chesapeake Bay in my 2120 but this weekend I had the opportunity to participate in the Military Appreciation Day (MAD Virginia) fishing event in Norfolk, Virginia. I trailered the boat down there on Friday and spent the night on the boat. It is the first time I have installed the screens and was impressed with how comfortable it was to sleep. I'm 6 feet tall and had no problems stretching out in the cuddy. I put my boat in at Little Creek Navy base tucked in with some bigger boats.

The following morning we had steady 15 knot winds coming from the NE so it we found a lot of good 3 footers when we were crossing the bay. We decided to head across and tuck in behind the southern tip of the Eastern Shore near Latimore Shoal. The wind would be blocked and we would do some chumming for cobia and sharks. I had two new Navy recruits who had never fished saltwater.

It was "sporty" to say the least heading in to the wind in the morning. For those of you that have never had the opportunity to cross the Chesapeake bay at the mouth of the bay it resembles the old video game "Frogger". The mouth of the bay has 4 channels for large ships to exit and enter the bay. As I was heading across I had my radar running and could see the large ships coming down at each channel. Timing my crossing at a whopping 15 MPH with the waves breaking over the bow gave my crew a real chance to see why I own a Pilot House. I had an experienced mate to help with the fishing and he had never been on a Parker. He ended the day saying that when he gets his own boat it will be a Parker Pilot House.

We had a lot of fun but we didn't get the caliber of fish we had hoped. We had sharks and cobia around our boat but couldn't seem to get them in the boat. We did catch some blues and croaker so the guys got to catch some fish and had a great day. The ride back with following seas was smoother and quicker.

Yesterday confirmed why I am so happy with my Parker.

Steve

I keep my 2120 at the cbbt and fish the area often.I was there this weekend and it was sporty with those ne winds.My boat handled the three footers with ease.I had a very experienced boater and fisherman along and he commented how the 2120 rode like a much bigger boat.

RLA69":1lzlhae7 said:
I keep my 2120 at the cbbt and fish the area often.I was there this weekend and it was sporty with those ne winds.My boat handled the three footers with ease.I had a very experienced boater and fisherman along and he commented how the 2120 rode like a much bigger boat.

I'm heading back on 6 Sep for a 1 week family reunion in a beach house on Sandbridge. I plan to take the boat and learn the area a bit more. There are a ton of fishing opportunities in that area. I will only be a short distance from Rudee inlet so I plan to give that a try. I might also keep the boat at Little Creek for a couple of days but that is 45 minutes each way for me. I have a couple of nephews that like to fish and are looking forward to the trip.

Steve

I'm with you on the little tank moniker. I'm on my second season with Fiasco and it's just a wonderful boat. Easy and simple to run, tough as anything, and just all around well done. I'm on Lake Champlain which gets some pretty weird conditions on the main like due to the lake's geography (110 miles north/south, 5 miles east/west), so a wind from the North can give some odd chop, and I'm on the western coast midway on the lake so moving from NY to VT can be fun, and she takes it all like a champ. I looked at Maritime, Steiger, Parker when I went to buy, and I'm incredibly glad I bought the Parker.

Thanks all on this forum too, it really helped me make the choice, and learn about Parkers in general.

N

spent a few nights hiding behind the concrete ships myself. sharks have been thick at Latimere shoal this summer.

Latest posts

Back