2120 Shore Power Marine AC/Heat and Battery Charger.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Kevin. I finished up yesterday and did a round trip to Beaufort. Was to beat and busy to take pics of the jump seat and bilge work but all went well. When I go back down in a few weeks for a fishing trail I'll take those final pics.

I had hoped to post some news of a successful AC test last weekend but it was not to be. It appears that I have a bad AC water pump out of the box. The good news is that the shore power pannels seem to be working fine and the AC unit itself turned on with fan and compressor running. After tracing the issue to the pump I removed the wire splices and tested the wire running from the control box to the pump with a volt meter and I was getting 115V at the pump with the unit running. I've removed the pump and have contacted FCF for a replacement. I'm crossing my fingers that I'm on the right track with this and I will have some positive results next trip to the boat.

Hopefully they will express you a new pump that has been tested good before shipment.

I went to Lowe's over lunch and picked up a replacement 3 prong cord with the ends already striped and connected it to the pump to do my own double check bench test and confirmed its not working. They asked if I would do that just to be sure. They are going to bench test a new one before overnighting it to me. I must say that the support guys at FCF/Webasto have been top notch. I don't hold the bad pump against them, although disappointed, these things happen when doing projects. I may take another quick trip down to Beaufort this weekend just to do the instal and get this thing working. I want to be done with it and enjoy the boat for the summer. Keep you posted.

I'll make a very long story short by saying that the AC system is finally working. Made a special trip to Beaufort today just to reinstall the replacement pump that Webasto sent me. This second one hummed but didn't pump. I went to West Marine out of frustration and purchased another pump myself. I bought a Cal Marine MS320 to replace the POC Pan World 30PX that came with the kit. Works like a champ. The Marine system definately cools better than the portable hands down. I'll revive this thread again when I get around to installing the battery charger. As tired as I am of working on the boat right now, I'd say that won't be until the fall at least. Have a great summer and enjoy your Parker's. 8)

Latest posts

Back