2120 vs 2320

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

casebeag

Reaction score
Long time CP reader, first time poster. Appreciate the site.

Live in Northern California and have had access to a 25' Davis for a couple years (use it far more than the owner), but for a variety of reasons it's time to have my own boat.

I'm set on a Parker and have had the 2120 in mind. Plan on keeping it in a slip (hopefully on a lift) here in Santa Cruz, but want to be able to trailer it north or south. Would probably only do this 1-2 times/yr.

I've been stuck on the 2120 mostly for ease of towing, as well as the fact that it just seems like a simpler 'first boat'??? I've been looking long enough to be able to tell you off the top of my head every used 2120 on the west coast! Am going south this weekend to see family and plan on looking at one in Burbank.

I realize there's no right answer, but would appreciate thoughts on differences between ease of towing, seaworthiness, etc.

Another question for the 2120 owners out there...is there a fishbox in the deck of the boat? Doesn't look like it, but I still haven't seen one in person. There are a couple 2320's in the harbor but no 21 footers.

Again, thanks for having a great website.

I tow my loaded 2320 DVSC a 300 mile round trip every other weekend. Back roads and highway.

The trailer is heavy duty (8600 GVW, brakes on both axles).

My truck is a GMC Duramax/ Allison - 3500HD - extended cab, single rear wheel. Don't even know it's back there.

Go for the 23 footer !!

I have a 2008 2120 and I love this boat. I trailer the boat with a 2000 toyota tundra with no problem. The boat is sea worthy and handles well. My boats has the 150 four stroke and cruises at 20 knots burning 7 GPH. I can fill the 100 gallon tank at the gas station which saves me about 80 cents a gallon compared to at the dock. Three guys can seriously fish the 21 footer I have been on an older 23 and you can probably fit a fourth man on the bigger boat. These are great boats you can go wrong with either one.

I have a 2120 (upgraded from a Grady 17.5 center console) and love it. Depending on the type of fishing (bottom fishing, trolling or casting) we fish 3 or 4 guys. We've done some family bottom fishing with the kids with 6 on board.

There is no live well but I made a simple on that fits in the space between the engine and the spash guard (that many others remove).

I also have the F150 and after I replaced the propeller based on information from this site, I get about 3 MPG and have hit top speed with 2 on board and a full tank of fuel at 33 MPH.

We have used the boat in 3 footers and have been impressed with the way it handles. This is my first pilot house model so I'm getting used to being pushed by the wind. There is a lot of area for the wind to push the sides of these boats.

I tow it with a 2008 Toyota Tundra with a 5.7l V8. It pulls very nicely and my trailer has only one set of brakes on the double axels.

I don't know how the 2320 handles but I am very happy with the 2120.

After 5 years with the 2120 I have no regrets. If you are concerned about size for towing or slipping get the 2120. If these concerns do not apply to you get the 2320. The larger boat has more cockpit storage and has the full transom for more security in bigger water. There are some who insist one of these boats rides better than the other, but I have no experience in the 2320 to compare.

Cost will be a considerable factor. 2320 hull is more, F250 Yamaha is more, larger tow vehicle is more, operating fuel cost is more. Before you decide carefully consider whether you will get an attack of two foot-itis before you plunk down your dough. Whichever you go with, there will no longer be any boat envy in your life!

Back