2120SC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-Faithful

Reaction score
is the F200 or F225 too heavy on the 2120sc? Is the hull transom heavy or does it call water through the scuppers?

Well i seen a 2120 sc at the dealer with the 200hp and it is not to heavy for the boat,when i seen the label on back of boat stating only 6 person and a max weight i was like there is 1 thing that my boat can have 8 people so it is def. heavier thats for sure with the 200hp!!!

The hull is not transom heavy with an F150. I believe the F200/F225 would not create a problem either, but have no experience with them. The only times I have had water ship through the scuppers is when there are several large men (225 lbs+) trying to man-handle a large fish off one corner of the stern. Or backing down into the current or waves. At anchor the boat can tolerate a fair amount of wave action or swells from the rear - it just rides up and over them. Keep in mind I am running the F150.

I often wash down the decks while at anchor and it self drains nicely. Got a friend asking these questions? Bring 'em down to Richmond and I'll take you guys out for a ride on the James River. Then tour the Civil War sites nearby. Makes for a nice afternoon!

The 2120 is a boat you either love or hate. Not too many folks are ambivalent about it. It is a very different creature than the 2320 or 2520 incarnations. Most folks are put off by the notch. I think it is the perfect compromise between small and large boats. The ride is tough to dial in when first learning the tabs/motor tilt controls but you can get the hang of it fairly quickly. It is not a boat for folks that can't tolerate roll. Ride is influenced by speed and chop interval much more than the longer models.

The 2120 is a very seaworthy little boat and can take a tremendous beating in rough seas but you need to get experience with handling it before you attempt any serious sea states or inlets. If you frequently need to power your way through inlets or heavy following seas you will want extra horsepower. The F150 is enough power for virtually all of my boating needs and I am a man that loves to save gas. I am going to eventually try a hydrofoil plate on the motor to see how much enhancement it yields. It may make enough difference to justify boring holes into the cav plate!

Keith FDNY":35p4o2uk said:
Well i seen a 2120 sc at the dealer with the 200hp and it is not to heavy for the boat,when i seen the label on back of boat stating only 6 person and a max weight i was like there is 1 thing that my boat can have 8 people so it is def. heavier thats for sure with the 200hp!!!

Keith, The difference in the CG capacity plate between your boat and the newer one has nothing to do with the motors. It is a result of the Coast Guard changing the allowance in weight per person in doing the capacity calculations. The overall capacity is probably still the same, but the "number of persons" is what has changed.

The changes are a direct result of the recent past water taxi accidents that resulted in deaths, beginning with the one in Baltimore Harbor several years ago.

The previous allowances per person were in the 120 to 130 pounds per person range, which was always a rediculous figure. Those allowances per person have been revised upward getting closer to (but still not reaching) the average weight of most of us. That is why you see the differences in capacity plates between your boat and the newer ones.

The rules were changed...

Last year when I purchased this boat I noticed that with a full tank of fuel the lower unit would have about 2-3"s under water.After one or two trips you'd burn enough fuel for it to be totally out of the water again.This was with a F-150.For some reason,later in the season it seemed that the boat sat higher even with a full tank,but still slightly submerged.I can only imagine that with a F200 the same problem would occur.
As mention previously,this boat is very sea worthy,but u have to have some experience under you belt to figure out how to trim and use the engine to your best advantage.
I was first targeting the 2320,but I figured the way I use the boat,the 2120 was the perfect choice for me.Unless things change i don't think I will get 2-footitis.

ILOVOMC":3i58cgkh said:
B-Faithful":3i58cgkh said:
is the F200 or F225 too heavy on the 2120sc? Is the hull transom heavy or does it call water through the scuppers?

might not be an issue if you power with lightweight E Tec no maintaince for 3 years

hardly cost effective, you'd have to pull the factory yamaha off and sell at a loss, and then pay for a repower with the etecs, parker won't sell without the yamahas. Etecs are great engines, and ther was a dealer doing what i just described, but they "gave up" :wink: their parker dealership shortly thereafter.

Back