21SE Trim Tabs

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theibis

Reaction score
Any thoughts on the 21SE with or without trim tabs? I don't have them on mine, but haven't been out yet in any real slop and haven't had many people aboard. My friend was telling me that he thought the 2007 SE came standard with tabs, but the dealer says no.

I recently put a deposit on a new 21SE. Before I did, I asked folks here whether I should get the trim tabs and the answers were 100% YES. So of course, I got them and am sure I'll be happy I did.

Must Have Trim Tabs....Must Have Trim Tabs.... Must Have Trim Tabs....
Crush.....Killl.....Destroy......Crush....Kill...>Destrot......

Danger Will Robinson.......

I've had my 21se four years, and I can tell you for sure that you will need the tabs.

If you got any more questions let me know.

Thanks Bucktail. I appreciate the input. I've heard stories that the 21SE will have a tendency to porpoise without them. I've called the dealer and am having them installed for next season. I have a leanpost on mine and am thinking about having some canvas made up for the center console and leanpost. I won't be trailering this boat and will be keeping it at a local marina. Figured it wouldn't hurt to keep things out of the elements when I wasn't using her.

Thebis,

Yes, it will porpoise without some tab. I had custom covers (Sunbrella) made for both my leaning post and console. It took the guy one day to do the work and the cost came in at $650.00. It turned out nice, I will be down the boat this weekend, and will snap a few pictures so you can get some ideas.

Bucktail

Hey Bucktail,

I was at Maryland Marina working on my friends GO-FAST a week ago and saw your Parker out of the corner of my end. Had to go over and check her out. Looks real nice!

Anthony

Anthony, thanks for the compliment on the boat. I've been down at Maryland Marina for 13 years now. Their ramps are excellent, and the family that runs the marina are real laid back and nice people to deal with.

I have tabs on my 21 SE but I've never seen a tendency to porpoise in calm water. I don't need mine at all in calm water in the waterway or river and raise them up when I get out of the ocean. But they are a huge help in a sea. They keep the boat running flat and the bow cutting through rather than pounding. My 21 SE with tabs is better riding than any deep V I've had in the past without tabs. I would not be without them.

I had a 21SE for 5 years without Trim Tabs. I used to try to keep the fuel tank as full as possible. I used to run that boat regularly out 25-35 miles. Having said that, when I got my 23SE last year, I made sure it had trim tabs. I could not beleive that I went 5 years without them on the 21. So, to answer your question, if you have the money available to have them installed, then definitely go for it you will not be disappointed, but its not mandatory.

Bennetts are fairly easy to install at home. About a half a day job.

Back