2300 CC question regarding changing to flush mount console

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soca

Reaction score
This is my first post to this website but have been following it for years. The wife and I recently picked up a 2007 2300 center console. The electronics are mounted inside the box in the console that has the clear door which folds up. I am considering replacing the door and frame with a piece of starboard so that I can flush mount the electronics. It looks pretty simple.

Or, should I spend the money and have a fiberglass shop cover hole so that it looks more professional? Has anyone else done this? What are your thoughts? Any better ideas?

Thanks,
SOCA
Fairfax VA/Deale MD

I replaced the lexan on mine which had the electronics flush mounted. I really like having my expensive electronics out of the weather inside the box. I think if you route the edges of the Starboard and put a dado on the edges so it slides partially in the hole it would look good. The secret is to get the Parker White Starboard from Fin Addict Marine. http://www.finaddictmarine.com
They make all the Parker Starboard parts. The guy that owns it is Brown Towles and his number is 919-989-6813.

Scott at Vector Imaging did my insert.
1/2" starboard
http://www.vectorled.com/
He probably still has the template.
Everything lined up so perfect.

Attachments

• console before.jpg
    console before.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 473
  • flushmount insert.jpg
    flushmount insert.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 473
  • furuno helm (Medium).jpg
    furuno helm (Medium).jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 473
Hello soca
I am in the process of changing my 23 se to a flush mount console. I have researched it some thought about doing a few things. Starboard glass company etc. I called Parker and you can get that piece of the console from them. It's a solid piece that screws on to your console then from there you just cut your electronics in the way you want them. The changed the consoles in 2010 but it looks like an easy job to unscrew the old electronic box and replace with new solid box. Then flushmount

Thinking about moving my 5" displays to the port side of that box and flush mounting then leaving the right 1/2 of the box open for much needed storage. Or maybe mount all displays, radio, etc to the 'ceiling' of the box leaving the bottom free for stuff like wallets, keys, binocs, pretzels, phones, etc. Either way lexan would stay in place.

I agree the lexan lid is a very nice feature that keeps the electronics in much better shape. I use a very high dollar mechanical design to keep my lexan cover all the way open (not just horizontally open) unless it's getting rough then i close the lexan. Don't have a diagram of the system I use to keep it open but the main component is about a 18" length of string with loops at each end. One goes around the latch in the lexan and the other goes around a screw in the front of the console from where the windshield was mounted (now have curtains).

SOCA,

Welcome to the Parker website. My Parker will be delivered to it's new Destin home before I redeploy in the spring. Look forward to seeing you there. Send me some more pics of the new Parker when you splash it in the spring. Take care bro.

TRILOGY,
Destin, FL :D

Back