2300 CC Repower

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnfbushjr

Reaction score
I have a year 2000 2300 CC with a bracket and a single Yamaha 225 on it. I like the peace of mind of twin engines and it seems slightly underpowered in a following sea. It looks like the project would involve removing the existing bracket and installing a new bracket suitable for twin engines. Any advice? I'd like to upgrade to the 2810 WA but its not in the budget with two kids to put through school yet.

Instead of putting 2 engines on how bout putting a single 250 or 300hp on it they would be plenty of power for you

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I had twins on 4 of 8 boats I have owned and fished offshore over the past 34 years. The only failure was a brand new impeller that I lost 25 miles offshore. While that 2nd motor got me home, it is rare that well maintained modern outboards will leave you stranded except for a fuel issue and that will likely affect both.
My concern would be the extra weight on that hull.
I have a 2300DV with a 300 and she will flat out jump and run but I do not think it would do well with another 3-400 pounds hanging off that bracket.

Unleased you said it. I've had a 2320 for 13 years and my yammi 4 stroke 225 never left me stranded in 2000 plus hours. Put a 300 zuke on it last year what a difference it made almost more power than I need.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I also have a 23DVCC with a DF300 Suzuki. I repowered 2 yrs ago from a Yamaha 225. The 300 is absolutely amazing. Going from the 225 Yam to 300 Suz was like night and day. The boat rides higher, handles better, and I reduced my fuel consumption on an offshore trip by almost 33%. I think if you try to go twins on that hull you will be really stern heavy. I know when I fill the transom box with ice or put a 120qt cooler with ice in the back I notice a difference in hole shot and handling. It was not designed to for twins.

Back