2300 DVCC and Yamaha F300 Rigging

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captcooper

Reaction score
Just finished removing the original F225 and hanging a new to me F300 on the bracket. Gathering all the rigging and curious if anyone can tell me what length extension harness will reach the console? Thinking 20 ft may suffice?
Thanks,
Capt Cooper

hey! Congrats. I just got the same boat with a single bracket. Everywhere I look it says it is rated for 250, but want to put a 300 on her. Did you find she sits/runs low in the water. do you remember which kind of bracket you have?
Thanks so much
Brendan

I don't have this boat but I'll put my 2 cents in on your question about the 300 weight/viability. It will totally work. The new 4.2L series (225,250,300's) weigh less than the older 4 stroke (200,225,250's). I've seen Parker put the 300 on a 21 cc. If I was going to repower a 23, the 300 would be my choice as well.

My 2008 2300 CC is rated for 300HP's is that helps.

Just finishing up the rigging and wanted to follow up on original post. Called Parker and was told they bulk order the extension harnesses and just use the 26 ft for everything and coil up the extra. I used the 20 ft and have 3-4 ft left over.
With about 50 lbs less hanging that far out back, I expect the stern to be a bit higher. Never really seemed stern heavy with the old F225 but it was a bit sluggish out of the hole.
Have the Armstrong bracket and the motor clears the transom by 2-3 inches when fully trimmed/tilted.

I have the same boat and just installed new control cables straight back over the tank. 17 ft was enough to allow a nice flow thru the bilge and to zip tie up and out of the way. My motor is on a bracket which uses a little more length

Rigging all done and loving the new power!
Tried a 19p Rev 4 first and too much pitch. The 17 is perfect. This is the same pitch I ran with the F225 but the 4.2 motor has the 1.75 ratio vs 2.00.
The hole shot is now incredible, with a heavy load the boat jumps on plan relative to the old power.
Top end is 50 mph at 5800-6000 rpm. Will rev to 6000 but don't see any increase in speed above 5800? F225 would push her about 44 mph at 6000 rpm.
Cruise speed is up 4-5 mph across the rpm range.
Cruise performance with F225 was about 3.0 mpg at 4400 rpm and 30 mph. Best Cruise performance with the F300 is 2.9 mpg at 4200 rpm and 33 mph.
Other advantages of the lighter 4.2 are the need for little to no trim tab now at cruise and ability to stay on plane at lower rpm and speed. Without using both tabs the boat would porpoise before. Now at cruise speed in calm water there is need for 1 tab only to level the boat for uneven load. I recently installed 18" Bennett tabs on my Lenco actuators. In hindsight they may not have been necessary with the new motor? I have plenty of tab now and they are sensitive.
The numbers recorded with the F300 are with 140+ gals of fuel on board and 2-4 people. When I burn off some fuel I expect they may improve slightly.
Still getting used to the DEC controls. Missing my old cables but I am sure I will get accustomed? The shift is great but the throttle is very sensitive with no feedback like cables.
Forgot to take a photo, will try to post this weekend.

Captcooper
I just re powered my 2300 dvcc with a F300. What mounting hole do you have your motor in? Mind is in the second from the top and I am thinking about going up one more hole. Thanks Jerry

Back