2310 Hardtop Antenna Installation

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tweendeck

Reaction score
Getting ready to install the antenna mount on my 2008 model 2310. Just checking with other 2310 owner's that have mounted antenna's. Is the fiberglass top solid fiberglass, or does it have wood or foam sandwiched in the middle? Also did you through bolt your antenna mount or just use s.s. screws? Thanks, Tweendeck.

I installed a second antenna last week on my 2007 2510 and it has a wood sandwich :) I',m just trying to figure out now what is going to be the best way to run the cable throught the hardtop frame. Good luck! let me know how you make out.

Jake
Rock Bottom

http://www.blueheronmarine.com/Blue-Sea ... -Clam-6675

Cable_Clam.jpg

Just make sure that you cover the exposed wood with epoxy before closing up and thru bolt everything. Any exposed theads can be cleaned up with acorn nuts.
Just my $0.02 worth
Tom

I used what Bryan shows in the picture, I think I have three up there ! But they are water tight, add a small amount of silicone where the cable goes through the rubber :)

This is the method Quality T-Tops of Tarpon Springs uses. They fabricate and install hard/T-tops for Grady/Pursuit dealers and others in the Clearwater/Tampa/St Pete area.

I did my Parker myself, but Quality has done all my previous installations. Always use bolts.......and if you have a pre 2007 boat and want to run/fit the antenna cable through the chase then you need to clip the connector, cut the cable to length at the radio and reinstall the connector.

FYI if you end up installing the XM SAT wx antenna.......you cannot cut the connector or otherwise shorten the cable......just roll it up and zip tie the excess to something underneath.

I have the 2310 and installed a new hard top last month by a local dealer. Firs tit is bolted thru not screws. I had a VHF antenna mounted up there, my GPS antenna was button mounted and a remote / movable search light. The wire harness all went through the Stbd side main tube down into the electrical panel.

i will have to take a few photos.

walt

Back