2310 W/A question. Newbie needs some help.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycler

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with this model, my questions are: looking at a 2001 model; are there any specific problems, that you may know of, specific to this year/model? Is there any particular things I should be looking at or just go with the survey? Any input would be greatly appreciated as I have to drive 3 hrs to look at this boat, and, seeing as the last one we found, near us, did not pan out, I would hope to have as much info as possible at my disposal.

Couple more questions: boat has a 2006/250 yamaha, and comes with a trlr, hardtop, enclosure, some electronics. Should I check NADA for an idea to make an offer? Or is NADA useless, as someone else posted, when it comes to Parkers? Complete newbie, so I invite comments and suggestions. Thanks in advance, Cycler

cycler, I owned two of these boats. A '99 and a '01 2310. Loved the boat! Honestly never had a single problem with either hull. The only thing I had to do is tighten the bolts that attached the hardtop tubing to the boat cap. These boats ride very well for a 23'. The only thing I can recommend is that one of the 2310s I owned had a notched transom and the other had a full with bracket. I really can't say enough how much more room and better riding the one with the bracket was. If you have any specific questions let me know or pm
Matt

fliboi21":23vz009l said:
cycler, I owned two of these boats. A '99 and a '01 2310. Loved the boat! Honestly never had a single problem with either hull. The only thing I had to do is tighten the bolts that attached the hardtop tubing to the boat cap. These boats ride very well for a 23'. The only thing I can recommend is that one of the 2310s I owned had a notched transom and the other had a full with bracket. I really can't say enough how much more room and better riding the one with the bracket was. If you have any specific questions let me know or pm
Matt

Thank you for your comments. This particular boat has a notched transom. Did the notched transom affect handling in a negative way, or did you just find the full transom handled better?

had 91 with notched tran. , 200 yam flat deck mod v ran and handled good, have 01 dv with 200 yam on plat. runs better, don't like step in deck with the usless well in floor between ped. chairs, good for wet storage. all in all love both boats and so will you tinman bel air md

cycler":3ugna52y said:
fliboi21":3ugna52y said:
Matt

Thank you for your comments. This particular boat has a notched transom. Did the notched transom affect handling in a negative way, or did you just find the full transom handled better?

No, not at all. Both handled well. It just seemed that with the bracket you could trim the boat out better. I don't know if this was because the engine was further back and it was more of a pendulum effect or if it was beause it offset the weight of the hardtop more. Of course, just like you said too, the cockpit space is increased dramatically with the full transom and personally I just think it looks better! Either option it's a great bay/near shore boat.
Matt

when i said the boat handled better that meant forward, backin up ain't all that great. tinmantoo bel air md.

Check for corrosion in the motor. 03-06 Yamaha 4 strokes have some cases of corrosion in the exhaust tube, have the lower unit dropped and look up there.

Thanks to all for you comments and shared experiences. We made an offer on a different 2310,a 2006 hull/motor, which we found closer to home. Hope to finalize things in the next day or two. Regards, Cycler

Latest posts

Back