2320 Coast Guard Capacity

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marek

Reaction score
Can someone with a pre 2007 2320 post the person and weight capacity as shown on your boat. The new boats are rated for 6 people and the old ones are rated at 9. I am still curious what the weight limits were pre 07 .

The weight limit is the same. The coast guard upped their "per person" weight from 150 per person to about 220 per person, so the number of 'persons' is lower now for the same overall weight. I was told about this in the Boating Skills course given by my local floatilla. The average american is no longer anywhere near 150lbs and the coast guard has adjusted their standards.

channel_surfer":o73mn77s said:
The coast guard upped their "per person" weight from 150 per person to about 220 per person, so the number of 'persons' is lower now for the same overall weight.
Wow, no kidding - that's for reporting that. So that brings the capacity of my '92 mod-V 2520 down to 8 people from 12. Wonder how the insurance companies will rule given this new requirement :?: ?

The average american is no longer anywhere near 150lbs and the coast guard has adjusted their standards.
No kidding! I have to travel a bit for work, throughout the EU and 99 times out of 100, any really FAT person is from the US ... and they usually end up getting the seat on the plane next to me :( . Arrrghhhhhhhh :shock: !

Dang! The average occupant on my boat is well under 150lbs as generally my wife and I are the only one over 150lbs. (I have 3 kids and sometimes a friend or two)

Let's see:
December 2005 at the CBBT. Left to right
BIL little guy 5'4", about 160
Me in blue shirt, 5'9", about 200
Nephew 6'3", about 245
Pops 6'3" about 230
My son taking the picture is 6'3", about 215.

Thats 1050 pounds of crew and who knows how much cold weather gear, 200 pounds?

Five grown men in cold weather gear is a wee bit crowded on a 2320.

dec2005crew.jpg

His wife wouldn't be 150 if she was carrying 4 sandbags under each arm. :)

channel_surfer":3beumxxd said:
The weight limit is the same. The coast guard upped their "per person" weight from 150 per person to about 220 per person, so the number of 'persons' is lower now for the same overall weight. I was told about this in the Boating Skills course given by my local floatilla. The average american is no longer anywhere near 150lbs and the coast guard has adjusted their standards.

to... 185 from the 1941 standard of 142......

Back