2320 down in florida

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepchief

Reaction score
I'm looking for a to buy a 2320 and I was wondering if anyone owns one down in Floridia and if so how do they like it im coming off a center console right now and I was wondering does the cabin get to hot in the summer and if there is anything I should prepare my self for that I wouldn't be expecting

There is a good recent thread just below on cabin heat, check it out. good luck.

It can get really hot in July and August. Open all windows and hatch which works or install AC. wear high quality sunscreen. Cabin stays comfortable if there is a breeze or we have a fan which helps but the direct sun is brutal and need to prevent sun stroke and dehydration. Life jacket drills help

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I am from NY and have had a center console before my 2320.

While I changed to a 2320 for protection from the cold, we have had the 2320 out on the heat of summer.

The pilot house is fine with the windows open and actually provides some relief from the sun.

My suggestion is add a small fan in the pilothouse, it will be fine,

Good luck

All you need is a fan. I lived in my boat one Sumer. Fished at night and sleeped in the day time in June & July. Long Island New York. It was fine. The fan is all you need.

I have a Parker 2520 and use it in North Florida. In the winter the pilothouse is the place to be. In the summer the pilothouse is the place to be. It makes both really hot and really cold weather more comfortable. If you add things like heaters, fans or air conditioning it gets even better. My advice is use the boat a while before adding the air conditioning. My thinking is that being in air conditioning and then walking out to fish in the heat is much more shocking to your system and will feel much hotter than if you just used the pilothouse with open windows for shade. I've never slept in mine, but would probably prefer AC if I were planning on making a habit of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a 2520XL in Florida as well. To be honest, its the best place to be. Out of the Sun, with all windows open is a treat for a little relief from the sun on the back deck. I also have small rubber pieces that I will use to prop front windows open while underway. And stay dry for the pesky afternoon rainstorms. Its a win win down here with the Parker.

Back