2320 How Many People?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lights Out

Reaction score
When comparing the 2520 to 2320 the 2520 has the obviously larger beam and larger pilot house but in terms of cockpit space the 2320 seems to have a pretty large area for a 23' boat. What are your thoughts? How many people can comfortably fish off of a 2320? I'm leaning toward 2320 for better trailer-ability.

Four people can fish very comfortable.

Six people maximum.

That's based on my experience.

That was one of the main reasons i bought my 2320, the amount of room in the cockpit is amazing, and i wanted to be able to fish 4 or 5 people comfortably.

miky2884":7epzlspn said:
That was one of the main reasons i bought my 2320, the amount of room in the cockpit is amazing, and i wanted to be able to fish 4 or 5 people comfortably.

Has it lived up to your expectations?

lol I don't know yet I just bought the boat in December, i will let you know in a few weeks :lol:

I have owned a 2320 for 9 yrs and 4 guys is the max i would fish, if you are drifting then 3.

Lights Out":20gr093p said:
When comparing the 2520 to 2320 the 2520 has the obviously larger beam and larger pilot house but in terms of cockpit space the 2320 seems to have a pretty large area for a 23' boat. What are your thoughts? How many people can comfortably fish off of a 2320? I'm leaning toward 2320 for better trailer-ability.

Your thoughts concerning better trailering and the fact that the 2320 cockpit is the same length and only 1 foot narrower than the 2520 are a couple of the reasons I went with the 2320 myself (purchase cost also). We bottom fish and troll with 4 people in ours very nicely.

I have a 25 PH and only fish 4 ..... more if just trolling. But bottom fishing is 4 max.

3 is good, 4 I find a little tight.

But I like to cast to fish feeding on the surface.

The thought has crossed my mind to upgrade to a 25, just for a little more room.

I'd definately go along with 4 fishing. My 23' has a second station and even then, 4 can fish without any problems.

miky2884":mb1d6yda said:
I would think drifting you could fish more ?????
when I drift I usually fish one side and maybe other corner, 3 is my max on that. But thats me and I hate people! :lol:

I think also a deciding factor is that the 2320 has an 8'6" beam. So it can be trailered legally anywhere without a permit. The 2520 has a 9'6" beam and can't without the proper permits.........The deck on either is about the size of a dance floor so I think either would suit your needs. And I don't think there is much difference at all in the size of the pilothouses. You can't go wrong with either. Choose soon the Fish are" Biting"

I bought a new 2320 and have friends with the 25 so I've b been on both (Lots)
Bought the 2320 over the 25 with 2 things in mind.
Legal to trailer and for re-sale (back on 2003 23s were very rare on the used market)
No question if I did it again it would be the 25
The difference in the ride is night & day !

I don't think the 25 is a better ride than the 23. All else being equal, the narrower boat will always be less pounding than the wider boat. My guess Ronnie is, when you are on the 23, you were at the helm, while on the 25 you were further back from the helm which would make the difference "from night to day."

Phil":3s2k4cv5 said:
I don't think the 25 is a better ride than the 23. All else being equal, the narrower boat will always be less pounding than the wider boat. My guess Ronnie is, when you are on the 23, you were at the helm, while on the 25 you were further back from the helm which would make the difference "from night to day."
yep. :)

Back