2320 Pilot

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marek

Reaction score
Can some of you guys give me some performance numbers with the 225 and 250. I tried to search but got alot of variations.

Have you tried the Performance Bulletins @ Yamaha site?

When you go to Perf Bulletins, you are offered 4 choices (tech, HP range, type of boat, brand). Click on "All" for all choices except brand of boat, click on Parker Marine.

There's the 23CCDV and 23DVWA w/225-4's listed. To get performance bulletins with 250-4's, guess you'll need to contact Parker. If you get one on the 250-4, you could post the differences here. There is a member here "grouperjim" who has a 250-4 on a 23DV cabin Parker. You could "search" or PM him.

We now have our own CP performance data in the "POWER" section of this forum. The category has a "sticky" and will remain at the top.

I started collecting performance data on my 2320 because Yamaha does not list anything for this boat with f250.

I don't want to offend anyone with less than a 250 on their 2320, but IMO it the optimum power for this hull configuration. Having had the f225 on my 23DVCC, I think the f225 would slightly underpower the 2320.

jim

I had a 2320SC for 1 1/2 years before my 2520XLD. The speed numbers with the 250 on the 23 and the twin 150's on the 25 are nearly identical. At full throttle i was getting just at 46 and sometimes 47mph. I crusied at 34 which ranged at about 4300. Max RPM reached nearly 5900. Crusing fuel consumption was between 10-12 GPH. I thought the engine performed very well for the boat. Quick onto plane, great speed control and good fuel mileage. To go less then 250 i think would be a mistake.

Scoundrel

What kinda of top end are you getting out of your boat Jim . I would much rather have to much motor than not enough. I think its time for a test ride.

Scoundrel is right on with the top end numbers. Running a 3 blade 19p mirage or SWS Yamaha prop will have you at 47 maybe 48 mph/5800 rpm depending on load. I run real heavy with gas and ice so I trade top end for lower planing speed with a 17p 4 blade Merc rev 4/top end =44mph.

jim

Back