2320 Question - what is this?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadGar

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Southern Maryland, Chesapeake/Potomac River
Recently I purchased a 1997 2320 from an individual on this site. I have been going through it making some minor modifications and recently had time to give the bilge area a makeover (not quite like Megabyte's but I'm getting there). Anyway, this boat has a bilge in the cabin and I know where that drains (it's circle in green). However, in the picture attached I am confused as to what the drain circled in RED is. I will probably feel stupid after someone points it out but that's OK (won't be the last time I feel that way :shock: ) I just can't seem to trace it and I have not had it in the water yet so not sure if it's below water line but appears to be. I do not see this on the newer 2320s. Any help would be appreciated.
Kevin

Attachments

• Strbd Side 2320.jpg
    Strbd Side 2320.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 511
Drain for the lip around the in deck storage area behind the door.

That is known to crack and sink boats. Best to replace it with stainless.

I have a 2110 with a similar thru-hull (though on the port side) that is the drain for the in-deck fish box. I replaced mine last year with bronze on the advice I got here....the original was looking a bit long in the tooth.

Thank you both for your response.

I will check after work at that lip on the in deck storage area. I cleaned that area over the weekend and didn't remember seeing a drain hose coming from the box but I could have overlooked it. I don't really know why that small drain from the lip would not just go into the bilge area, that is where the bottom of that storage area drains into.

If I see anything odd or different I will post a pic of it but again, thanks for both of your input.
Kevin

Not a lot of detail here, but should show you what it looks like from the inside. I had access to mine from the rear wall of the cabin, not sure if your boat is the same or similar.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14540&p=99400#p99400
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14319&p=97780&hilit=thru+hull#p97780

My boat stays in the water and I was advised to use bronze (which I did). Hardest part of the job was locating a large enough pair of channel locks to remove the existing nut, but a quick trip to Harbor Freight solved that for short money.

Thanks photo guy, I appreciate your post. Mine is a bit more difficult to get to, Infact I'm still trying to figure how it's possible. I think I'll have to try from the cabin area and open the access panel that goes down side of boat for fishing cables. I will need to look at that tomorrow but I'm hoping it's easier than I think it is. Again, thanks for your help.

Ok, I did see how the fitting can be removed and now your picture makes a bit more sense to me :). Because mine is on the starboard side I do have to fight all the cables going down the side of the boat but I believe I can get it done.

Can either of you tell me where you got that silicone bronze fitting Wart mentioned? Also, how has your fittings held up?

Thanks
Kevin

I got mine (and the sealant too) from Jamestown Marine via mail order, based on hose size.
I also followed the advice on epoxy sealing the raw fiberglass material prior to putting in the new thru hull and was generous with the sealant. Mine has held up just fine. Shows some patina on the water side (iow, no longer shiny bronze). I check the interior from time to tine; dry as a bone.

Thanks. I had some more time this evening so I really looked (paid more attention) harder at that fitting and sure enough there is a definite hairline crack in it. It looks like my curiosity paid off and you guys scared me enough to dig deeper, and thankfully you did. As I pushed on it, it definitely is moving one half of it which isn't good :shock: . Thanks again

Minus the access part, it's not a difficult job to do at all and if nothing else you'll have peace of mind knowing that it's been corrected.

Back