2320 SC - Open back or Not ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dodger attaches to my cabin top via tracks and connects to my Bimini with zippers. Love the track system as it does make a solid tight fit and breaks down so easily by just sliding out.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    266 KB · Views: 305
Brent":3t319if4 said:
...... I wanted to buy grouper jim boat.

Brent, you would have loved that boat. It was better than new but the sale to the current owner was meant to be.

After advertising here and on Boattrader a guy called who lives 20 miles down the road. He (65yo) and his wife showed up at my house. I explained the skin cancer issue had finally taken priority in my life so hence the sale. While he was making his way around the boat to my surprise his wife explained that her husband had just beaten melanoma which the prognosis had been terminal. A couple of years earlier prior to that dx/tx he had put down a deposit on a Parker PH but for obvious reasons had to forgo the purchase of the Parker boat he wanted which was like mine. They said my boat was to be the reward for beating melanoma. Man, after that story I would have sold it to him for half of my asking but the wife broke out the check book and stroked a check for the asking price.

They are very happy with the open back. I liked it because I could walk from the dance floor to the helm and bump it in and out of gear with a rod in my hand (no second station). I sure miss that boat.

Megabyte":32hmmrl4 said:
I consider myself extremely lucky to have found an open-back 2520 that I bought from the original owner.
I cannot imagine having to go back to being isolated in the cabin while everyone is enjoying the dance floor that is the cockpit in this boat.
Because I'm not isolated, and because the cabin essentially becomes an extension of the cockpit area, the boat just feels larger and more open.

The open-back is a no cost option that frankly, more dealers should consider when marketing these sport cabin boats.

When I replaced my drop curtains, I had the canvas guy eliminate the windows for a couple of reasons:
1.) I never run with the curtains down, even in cooler weather.
2.) The drop curtains roll tighter without the windows in place.
3.) Eliminating the windows keeps prying eyes at bay.
4.) and finally, eliminating the windows made the job less expensive. :)

Prior to having this set made, my canvas guy noticed that I was using clothespins to keep the center section open about 12" to allow for ventilation.
What he did for me was to add 3 additional snaps in that panel so I could eliminate the use of the clothespins.
Finally, I had a matching rear station cover fabricated. The whole job was done in Sunbrella, and it has held up very well.

Attached are some photos showing the various methods I use when running, at the dock, or entertaining.

Mb

What fabric, color and weight was used?

Brent":21u1wz0l said:
I am hoping I don't met syndgoose on the water ! Lol boat is old and clean as it will get. Maybe after buying a trailer, retirement and move to Florida it will change or buy something newer. I wanted to buy grouper jim boats but a new kitchen and other re modelling projects were high priority

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I hope I DO meet you on the water someday. It'd be a pleasure to climb over each other's vessels and swap stories over a fish taco!

Almost certain the color was 'Linen'.
Not sure of the fabric weight.

Back