2320 with a 200 hpdi

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ackparker

Reaction score
I have heard that a 2320 with a 200 4 stroke is under powered but has anyone been on one with a 200 hpdi? Is it enough power?

I have never been on one but a lot of test reports show the 200 HPDI to give the performance if not better than the F225. Check the Yamaha performance pages. Good luck!

The rule of thumb is to go now lower than 75% of maximum hull hp.

My 2510 MV (14 deg. deadrise) is pushed by twin F-115s. That gives me 230 HP on a hull that can handle 325 HP, or about 71%. Because I have twins, I have more prop area, less prop slip, and seem to do OK. I can get 40 mph at a WOT rpm of 5800, I can cruise at 24 mph at an rpm of 4200, and get about 9.0 gph at cruise. Not too bad. Because of less prop area and more slippage, I doubt that same boat would run very well with a single 225....although there are many who do so.

There are many days when twin F-115s are more than enough and due to chop I have to slow down. However, there are many days when I wish I could cruise at 28 or 30 without over-straining the engines.

The F-150 wasn't out when I bought the boat in 2002. When I re-power someday, I'll drop a pair of 150s on her. That is 92% of max hull HP. Whether they are Yamis, Zukes, or E-Tecs, that is still to be determined.

Bottom line...don't underpower. Better to spend the money up front and get somewhere between 80%-90% of max hull HP.

Dave

ackparker":1rx5akzc said:
I have heard that a 2320 with a 200 4 stroke is under powered but has anyone been on one with a 200 hpdi? Is it enough power?

it is not enough with 4 guys -tackle and cooler-its slow...the 250 is preferred..
dave

I purchased that very set up in 2004. Boat is powered fine, or at least I think so. I cruise @ 25 mph. Boat can do 30 mph. Hope that helps. Tom

Back