2320 with F300 Prop???

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kurt

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just finishing breaking in our 4.2L F300 powered 2320 and we love the boat! I’m wondering what the best setup is for prop, engine height, and Permatrim. Expect boat weight to be “normal”, but besides fishing out of San Diego and in Mexico, we will use the boat frequently for pulling a wakeboard on local lakes and in San Diego bay. Priorities would be low speed performance/handling for wakeboarding and economy for fishing. Not too worried about top speed.

I reviewed all previous posts I could find and didn’t see any specific info for propping the F300 on the 2320.

Thank you,

Kurt

CP member Goodchance just hung an F300 on his 23DV and has been prop testing.

Maybe he'll chime with some insight on your question.

I will say that these days with regard to Yamaha engines and props, there are Yamaha SDS (shift dampening) props and regular style props.

Still waiting too :) There's a person on THT that has posted recently about a 17 REV 4 that he has tried with the same setup. He wasn't too excited about it after trying it. It may be worth messaging him now that he has a little more time on it.

https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-fo ... rop-s.html

The one common "thing" that all people all seem to like is installing the Permatrim.

Another guys just posted on that link he put a 17 Rev4 on his 2320 with 3.3L Yamaha 250 and he really likes it. The REV 4 seems great for the 3.3L, but people just don't seem to be as excited about it with the 4.2L.

I tried an OMS 17p 4b on my 2320/300 and took it off after 3 trips. Was supposed to be a 15, but I ordered the wrong one and by time I got it installed and removed it was past the return window. It was good when the boat was light, but when I fully loaded it to go tuna fishing it really struggled.

Back