2320SL's....Coolers

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96TL

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a cooler or two, and was just wondering what you guys were using, and where do you keep them?

I need one for drinks, and another for fish. Not too much space for big coolers. I already have a 29 gallon livewell and a bunch of other gear taking up space.

Here are mine. The little one goes on most trips and fits in the PH behind the Captain's pedestal. The igloo Marine 94 goes on all fishing trips or when we take several guests, and fits on the cockpit deck directly in front of the livewell (centered in cockpit). The biggest one is a Sam's Club special ($60) Rubbermaid fishing cooler (very good cooler) and it can go in two different places. First, it will fit over the bilge lid up against the transom. Or, it fits in the PH all the way forward (take out the porta-potti). When it is all the way forward, I use it for dry storage, or for extra ice on long trips in the summer.

On the bottom in each corner, I always rough up with sandpaper and 5200 a piece of rubbery diamond tred stuff. The cooler never moves with that stuff on there......even in rough seas.

Attachments

• IMG_0600.jpg
    IMG_0600.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 711
  • IMG_0599.jpg
    IMG_0599.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 711
Love it. A cooler Tower!
I have a huge 164 by Igloo with a padded seat top and I tie it down with a stainless steel tie down kit. I joke with my wife that it is my $500.00 cooler set up. :shock:

I think I know the kit you're talking about. Is that the one with the turn buckle end that screws into a small flat SS tab mounted on the deck......if so, I had that on a couple of boats ago......works great!

grouperjim":1pejlltk said:
On the bottom in each corner, I always rough up with sandpaper and 5200 a piece of rubbery diamond tred stuff. The cooler never moves with that stuff on there......even in rough seas.

What rubbery diamond tread stuff, and from where? :)

WM has it. They are rectangular about 5x8 inches, and come in gray or white with the peel and stick on the back.

Here is a pic of some of that chit with some suspicious looking cut outs.

Attachments

• IMG_0612.jpg
    IMG_0612.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 543
If you as Seadek for a free sample pack, they will send you a box of stuff that looks just like that. They will be all different colors but its on the bottom of the cooler. We did the same as Jim with our free samples. Check em out, good stuff. We used it on my fathers Ocean in the on the front deck.

http://www.seadek.com/

grouperjim":3mjz4btt said:
WM has it. They are rectangular about 5x8 inches, and come in gray or white with the peel and stick on the back.

Here is a pic of some of that chit with some suspicious looking cut outs.

You use the stick'um on the back of those and also a glob of 5200?

Back