23se forward platform removal

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firerider4

Reaction score
Hey Guys I just picked up a 2015 23se and have a question on the forward platform. I would like to remove it and was wondering if anyone know if its finished underneath?

Attachments

• IMG_0756.JPG
    IMG_0756.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 196
Congrats on the "new" SE! I've got the same boat minus what you're taking out. Personally I like the open space for fishing and accessing anchor without step up. Being able to fish up in the bow with the extra height of gunnel for safety in rough seas I'll happily trade for less storage. I put a large cooler up there when I need it. If you organize the inside of the console, you can store quite a bit in there. I removed the porto potty for that reason. Good luck.

I had a forward casting platform on my "07 23SE, but it was delaminating, and had to remove it. When it was cut away, there were ugly scars on the inside of the hull that could have been gel coated over if desired, but I liked the storage space for PFD's, fishing gear, etc. My fiberglass guy fabricated a new platform from lightweight closed cell foam that is quite strong, and coated it with a perfect color laminate skin. I imagine your hull inside is also single layer, so be careful not to cut too deep, and gel coat over the scars, or paint if necessary. Best to you on your project. Papa...........

Back