23se Prop Suggestions

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foggylink

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm working with Andy at SIM on a new prop for my 23se/F200. I am currently running the aluminum 14.5 x 17 prop. I can get to 6000 trimmed up, but I'm looking for better cruise / control / economy, since there are very few times I can run WOT. I do need to get more numbers together, but I'm curious what everyone thinks would be a good size. I'm considering the following stainless 4 blades ... I appreciate the help ...

PowerTech - Mercury - Yamaha

:wink:

I own a 23SE powdered by a Yamaha F200. Beautiful set up..I'm still running the original prop, which is doing just fine..
At 4200RPM I'm running 28mph
At 4800RPM I'm running 34 mph
At 5200RPM I'm running 39mph

If I trim it up, I'll get 5400, but not much better on the speed. I"m looking at a 4 blade myself because most of what I do is backwater fishing around Tampa Bay. I don't need speed, but rather an efficient running motor at normal cruising speeds. According to Yamaha's website/performance bulletin, we are getting 4mpg at 4200RPM's, which is about as good of mpg as you'll ever get with a 200hp..so I've dragged my feet on trying a new one..Solas makes a nice 4blade that I've heard works great on the 23SE...believe it's a 21pitch. The hard part of people making recomendations is that their idea of performance will most likely be different than yours..All three you're looking at at good props.

Unreel

Since you are in the Tampa area,Try Ken at propgods,they will help you select and "TEST" prop of your choice until you find the one that fits your needs,I just bought a REV 4 14 5/8 x 17 for my 2300 DVCC from him and the guy is supe helpful.

They will come to you in the water to test.

Robert

Robert Cibran":1659pci2 said:
Unreel

Since you are in the Tampa area,Try Ken at propgods,they will help you select and "TEST" prop of your choice until you find the one that fits your needs,I just bought a REV 4 14 5/8 x 17 for my 2300 DVCC from him and the guy is supe helpful.

They will come to you in the water to test.

Robert

Yep. He came to my house with 6 different props. I tried all of them.
Finally settled on the Rev4. I wanted more bite at lower rpms. With the original prop, I could hardly stay on plane at 4200 rpms. Now, it's no problem and I'm doing 23-25 mph.

So what would be the correct size/pitch conversion for me moving from the Yamadoo 3 blade to say a Rev 4, or SWS II ?

Foggy,

If what you now have is 15 x 17 black Yam prop (which is same as mine) and what you want is a Rev 4,try the 14 5/8 x 17 .they say that by having one more blade you will loose maybe 100 to 200 RPM,brings you down to 5800,some peole say they did not experience reduction and were still able to get 6000,of course this depends if you have full load or light load.

the good thing about propgods,you can return and try again another brand/type prop.

Robert

A friend of mine used prop god not too long ago and was very happy with the results...He's not running a Parker, but it doesn't matter..it's a great service. Glad to hear he could help you too.

Any 23SE owners have data to share running 4 blades w/ F200 or F225? mounting holes also would help!

Hi Randy,

I answered your PM, but for the rest, I went with a 4 blade Quick Silver aluminum 15"x16P as recommended by Ken at Prop Gods. For me and my local conditions off the Maine coast I like it. Granted, it is not as fast, but control wise it is great. There is a 14.5x18P which is the next size up, and Ken said would give better cruise economy. I may try it at some point, but the 16P is fine with 2 or 3 guys and 1/2 tank of fuel. :)

How often do you run at 6000 rpm? & Is it really worth all the effort to get the engine to go 6k. get it to 5200-5800 & leave it alone. I only met 1 guy that ran his boat at wide open throttle all the time. He owned Johnson & Towers Deisel. His 61' Buddy Davis was repowered yearly at 80k an engine. ( early 80's ) run at a normal cruise speed like 4000 rpm & forget about it. Spend the cash on bait or woman & have fun.
Don't get mad just have fun!!!

Latest posts

Back