2501 with twin Yamaha 150's

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badfish83

Reaction score
Good evening
I'm new here and considering purchasing a 2019 2501 with twin 150 yamahas. Anybody running one set up like that? Can you guys give some insight? Anything is appreciated as this would be my first parker. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here but just want to make sure I'm not buying an underpowered boat. Thank you

I wanted a 25' with single F300. Tested out some different configurations, and the DV just seems underpowered with 300hp. I think it really needs the twin 200s. Ended up with a 25SE which is much happier with 300hp.

Twin 150s with give you a top speed in the low 40s, and optimal cruise will never go above 2mpg. Those engines just have to work too hard. Twin 200s will give a top end in the low 50s, and cruise around 2.4mpg. For me its not that much about speed, but fuel burn and how much strain is on the engines. The twin 200s just seems like a better setup.

I have a 2002 2501 w/ twin 200s (2010 4s) . A buddy i fish with often has an 02 2501 w/ twin 150s (2012 4S). If this boat your looking at is a great deal and your not running very far very often, you can get by with the 150s - but the 200s are a very noticeable difference especially when running.

I’m not gonna claim I get 2.4 mpg - i’m a little heavy on the pedal.

if i had a choice, i’d definitely go with the 200s

Thanks for the input guys. We fish 40 off routinely so ide say 200s is the ticket. More thank likely why it's the last 2019 new boat around because of the twin 150s.

Went and rode parker didnt mind the twin 150s at all. The size and fishability of this boat is amazing and its clean classic lines sold us. Just waiting on the bank now so we can take her home. Now I need some ideas for adding tackle.storage under the leaner?

I have a 2012 2501 with twin 150s. Its an somewhat efficient set up that works in most NE conditions just fine. I run the boat at 3800-4000 RPMs. At 3800 the boat runs at around 21-23 (depending on load) MPH burning 11-12 GPH. At 4000 RPM 25-27 MPH burning 14 GPH. I ussually don't run the boat hard but if I'm trying to outrun weather i'll kick it up to 4200 it will get you over 30 MPH and burn 15-16 GPH. I run the boat out of the Sandy Hook NJ area. I do 2-5 offshore trips a year anywhere from 40-60 miles off. if you have any other questions feel free to reach out.

I have a 2020 2501 with twin 150's Fish offshore quite a bit with it. on the rare flat calm days I wish I had a little more juice, but the majority of the time we are not running more than 30mph anyway so that extra power is really not worth it for us. The more major factor is being able to plane the boat on one engine in case of a failure. I don't think a single 200 can do that either for what its worth so we stuck with the 150's and are very happy.

I pushed a 1987 Sou'wester with a single F150 for over 10 years offshore out of Hatteras. Usually about 100 nautical miles per trip. I put 300 hours a year on my motors. She even had a house on her.
On a slick calm sea she'd make 30 knots WOT. That hull was a lot flatter than your boat but I offer it to help you realize twin 150's is about perfect for your rig.
Recognize that most of the time you will be running 15-18 knots offshore.
That's mostly what the ocean will let you run.

You may have a day or two where you can twist her tail but anytime I ran 20 knots for any length of time I considered myself lucky. 2mpg is what really matters. Wait till fuel at the marina rolls back up to $4-5/gallon.

I wanted a 25' with single F300. Tested out some different configurations, and the DV just seems underpowered with 300hp. I think it really needs the twin 200s. Ended up with a 25SE which is much happier with 300hp.

Twin 150s with give you a top speed in the low 40s, and optimal cruise will never go above 2mpg. Those engines just have to work too hard. Twin 200s will give a top end in the low 50s, and cruise around 2.4mpg. For me its not that much about speed, but fuel burn and how much strain is on the engines. The twin 200s just seems like a better setup.
I what speed do you get with the 300 I have a 25 second and am considering a report thanks

25 seconds to be repowered typo above

I what speed do you get with the 300 I have a 25 second and am considering a report thanks
I’ve seen 47, when boat was essentially empty, 1/4 tank gas, just me, no tab, engine trimmed almost out of the water. Now I’ve added a Rhodan 36v with 3 batteries in the console (5 total on the boat), a permatrim, 2 anchors, and a ton of other gear. Real life conditions, wide open is usually 43-44mph. Cruise at 4000rpm is right around 28mph. The 300 Yami is adequate for my needs, but I think one of the Suzuki duo-prop engines (either 300 or 350) would be awesome.

The more major factor is being able to plane the boat on one engine in case of a failure. I don't think a single 200 can do that either for what its worth so we stuck with the 150's and are very happy.

It's not going to , due to prop pitch. The boat has a higher pitch blades with twins....With a single it needs to be decreased...IE: You would need to do a prop change at sea.......and carry a spare R & L hand prop.

It's not going to , due to prop pitch. The boat has a higher pitch blades with twins....With a single it needs to be decreased...IE: You would need to do a prop change at sea.......and carry a spare R & L hand prop.

Yea. Wasn’t sure why but it doesn’t.

I have a 2020 2501 with 200's. WOT gets me to 50-51 mph @5700. 37-3800 cruise is 28 mph and 2.6 mpg. 4200 is 34 mph 1.9-2.1 mpg (there seems to be no 2.0 on the gauge as it will bonces between the two) . These numbers are with 1/2 tank of fuel, normal fishing gear and 3 people. I have owned another yamaha 200 (I-4) and i have to say that i think there happy spot is right around 4200. I've had it offshore 3 times now. Round trip the last time was 167 miles and I burned right around 70 gallons. I will add that from time to time i do like to MASH it for short periods. Its all fun until you look at the fuel burn!!!

Back