2510 XL vs 2510 XLD

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmdregs

Reaction score
I'm looking at pulling the trigger on my third Parker next week. I sold my 2008 2520 MV last fall and am going to order a 2018 2510 with the 300 Yamaha in the next week or so. The thing I'm trying to figure out is which model to get, either the XL or XLD. I spend about half my time bottom fishing out and around Stellwagen bank. Based on my experiences with the 2520, I found the boat to be very stable on the drift but maybe a little sluggish and tending to pound at times when underway, especially in rough conditions.

I've searched the site and picked up some good info and I know there are trade offs with either model. I'd appreciate anyone comments on both the stability of a 2510 XLD at drift when its a little rough as well the planning/speed capability of the XLD when underway with the 300HP Yamaha. Ideally, I'm looking for the best combination of dead rise and motor to get offshore speedily and comfortably as well as stability at drift/anchor. I'd like to put two 200HP motors on the boat but I don't want the maintenance expense of two motors. Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

I had 2016 2510xld. Great boat. Took it offshore 60+ miles. Had single 300. Planning no problem. I always felt like it was a little sluggish at first but not bad. On drift when it was rough. It rocks but that is trade off. I think twins would be better. I currently have 2810xld. Love it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a 2015 2015 XLD with twin 150's. I find the boat handles well, travels well and gets me where I need to go easily. I like the dependability of twins, though I will say there is an additional expense for maintenance. If I had to do it again, I would consider the 200's, but when I bought the boat the weight was an additional concern. I find the 150's move the boat very easily, with a top end of 42-43 mph. DEFINITELY consider a PERMATRIM with whatever engine you get. As far as stability...yes, a little movement, but I like the deeper 'V' with seas we usually get here in Rhode lsland.

.......also keep in mind that a hull with twins will rock less due to the single being on the role axis whereas twins are offset.

I have a 2510xld with the f300 and it’s finr at drift. Really wide beam. I would get the twin 200’s as the 300 is bad on fuel and slow. My top end with the motor trimmed and flat conditions is 38. You may see 40 but that’s it. Loaded with fuel and gear in normal ocean conditions you will get 1.5mpg. The 300 will only turn about 5600 or 5700 rpms which is to low for the motor.

Thanks for the help on this. I ended up ordering a new 2510 with the 300hp Yamaha. A couple of things..... Due to a backlog at Parker's manufacturing facility, the boat won't be delivered until the end of July which is a long wait. Also, I'm told that there is a shortage of Yamaha engines which could potentially delay the delivery further. Anyone want to buy my 20' Northcoast CC?

Back