2520, bracket vs. transom mount?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammerb_99

Reaction score
Recently I've been shopping Parker boats, both 2320 and 2520 models. I think id prefer a DV model but my question is bracket or no bracket and how important are they? I'm sure its preference for most, but I welcome all input. Additionally, how is a 2520 w/a 250 Yamaha 4 stroke transom mounted (performance wise?)
Thanks in advance,
Mark

PS. The majority of my fishing is in the Del. bay and with-in 15 miles of the beach (ocean side.) However, moving up to a larger boat, i'd like to make those 40 mile trips offshore sharking and the occasional tuna run.

My opinion is I wouldn't consider one with out a bracket, full transom makes a huge difference. Good choice with the DV as well

Do a search this has been discussed on here a lot you will find plenty of opinions on this topic.

In the Gulf.....[Not your body of water....I know] We can get wind from 1 direction and current 180deg the other direction.

With the boat anchored.....It will lay with the wind direction, but the current will actually ship water on board with a notched transom.

Yes I've heard the BS story if you take a big wave over the Bow, a notched transom will let the water run out faster. [usually told by people from NJ...for some reason. :roll:

Pilothouses shed a wave like that, not dump it in the cockpit...center Console's on the other hand.....well, were not talking about a CC.

Still even on the CC....I'd rather have the bracket.

The bracket is good for hiding ladders under.

100_5704_zpsa94b94ad.jpg

The bracket is good for peeing off of.

I've never had a fish landing problem, so lets put that to rest also.

I fish the same waters you are talking about, I have the 2520xL and I love it. I didn't go with the DV because it has more drag and basically requires more motor, that's my thoughts on that. DV is great if your spending all day riding but I like the stability of the mod. That's why I went with the xl, it's not a DVD but it's sharper then the 13 dead rise on the reg mod. The xl has a 16 deg DR. For what you are saying you want to do I think you would love the xl. And as far as the bracket, I wouldn't own a boat without it.

I agree this has been answered before so I'll let you look into that if you want details. I will just say I much prefer the notch as the boat trims out much better. The bracket does make an awesome swim step by the looks of it.

I also think that with the DV I would not want the 250hp. I don't know how much hp you need, and I definitely don't think my twin 150's under power the boat, but I'm pretty sure you would be working the 250 way to hard if it could handle it.

Jim at Riverfront has told me that a notched transom is unavailable on all 2520's starting 2014!

Back