2520 dvSc with 250 ox66 fuel mileage?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bitesomthing

Reaction score
Any one out there have a 2520 dv Sport Cabin with the Yamaha ox66 250hp
know what kind of fuel mileage they get on their boat?
I seem to be getting pretty crappy fuel mileage and was wondering what other guys are getting.
i Know there are lots of variables but i am only looking for approximations.
Thanks
Chris.

FWIW a friend with the OX66 250hp Yummie on the deep-V 2530 model reports he's getting 1.1 to 1.5 mpg. You might do a search here on CP and make sure your O2 sensor is clean, as well as the VST feature on that puppy.

Yes i have a clean o2 sensor and a clean vst filter i just had all that good stuff done about 20 hours ago.
I am gtting about 1.4 mpg and wasn't sure if that was in the ball park or not
on what i should be getting.
Thanks
Chris

Bitesomthing":z8r4f55k said:
... getting about 1.4 mpg and wasn't sure if that was in the ball park or not ...
Chris:

Sounds like it is! FWIW I get from 1.7 to 2.2 (depending largely on sea state and/or current) in my '92 mod-V 2520 with single 225hp 2-stroke OB mounted on a bracket.

FWIW I raised my OB a couple inches higher than where the factory positions them. This improves performance and efficiency (less drag from the lower unit), with the only requirement being a good/premium prop design that stays hooked up.

I have a 2520MV and was getting 1 mpg when I bought it. I put a set of 9x24 trim tabs on and now can run with motor trimmed up and keep the bow down where I need it. I can run higher speed with less RPMs and get approx. 2.2 to 2.5 mpg. Mines transom mount. Don't know your configuration. But just an idea that helped me considerably.

Back