2520 help

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Skeeter

Reaction score
Can someone explain the differences between the 2520 SL XL and XLD?

I live on the gulf coast of Mississippi and had to sell my previous boat in order to upgrade to something bigger.

Parker sports cabins are not common here. Before you say “For a reason” I basically used my last boat to shuttle my family to the barrier islands on the weekends. Every weekend…. I feel like a 2520 would be perfect for that.

Do to the market I’ll probably have to go with an older Hull. 1990-2000 more than likely.
Any common issues I should look out for? Certain years to avoid?

How much wood is used in the manufacturing process?

Ton of questions but I’m honestly just trying to get a little insight.

Thanks in advance

2520 SL = 16 degree deadrise, notched transom, no bracket.

2520 XL = 16 degree deadrise, closed transom w bracket.

2520 XLD = 21 degree deadrise, closed transom w bracket.

There was also a 14 degree deadrise model no longer in production but if you’re considering models as old as 1990, you may run into one. I would avoid the 14 degree deadrise boat unless your operating in protected water. That boat will pound.

The 16 degree dead rise boats will pound more into a head sea then the 21s but are very stable on the drift, typically more fuel efficient and run great with a single 300.

If you’re open ocean fishing, I’d lean towards the 21 degree deadrise boats. I’ve run a 2520 SL since 2006 and it’s been a great boat. I got a remarkable deal on the boat, that was way too good to pass up and I don’t regret the purchase one bit BUT there are many a day when that deep v hull would result in a better ride on those 40 mile open ocean runs that I make.

Last edited:
The XL models will have 4 seats in the cabin, closed transom and bifold door to enter vberth vs the SC with 2 seats in cabin and open access from pilot house to vberth. I have seen several parkers for sale that say "XL", but then you look at the pics and its really an SC. The D is for deep vee and you can also tell this from the bottom pics. 2 lifting strakes is Deep V and 1 strake is mod v

Back