2520 XL GPH

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Parker and Yamaha published performance figures in the past. Have you looked there?
Do you have a fuel computer installed?
My OX66 burned 13 to 14 gph @ 4000 rpm depending on sea conditions, but that is a completely different motor.

I have a 2520xl 2003 with a 225 Yamaha. Cruise at 4500 - 4700, 20 - 22 knots. Gph is typically in the 10 - 11.5 range

warthog5":3fnwbqy7 said:
I've always preferred MPG to GPH.

I did as well but...

Charts on your marine GPS are configured in Nautical miles, not Statute miles, as the maps on your truck or car are calibrated.
Mixing statute miles and MPH in a marine environment doesn't work when your chart is showing Nautical miles and your speed is showing Knots.

You just can't mix the two because they are not the same.
That is why I prefer gallons per hour. In a marine environment, it gives a more precise figure that can directly relate to the chart.

MPG is great in my truck, but I prefer GPH on my boat. :wink:

My 2004 XL got about 2.2MPG cruising at 24 knots in good sea conditions that didn't require a lot of trim tabs with 2-3 fishermen. Loved that boat but it would have been better with the 300F they put on them now. Most days sea conditions wouldn't have allowed the speed capability of the 300hp but would have been sweet on bluebird days. Also getting up on plane would have been quicker. Great boats either way.

Back