2520 XLD fuel economy

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone running twin 150s-225s? Whats yalls fuel economy looking like?
For comparison, our 2520 XLD with a 2014 single 300 Yamaha, averages 2.1 to 2.2 mpg at 4300 -4400 rpm. (This yields 30-32 mph). ... With a full load of 200 gallons of gas, water tank, coolers, heavy bimini, fishing gear, 3 people etc, it averages 1.8-1.9. mpg. But, I seldom have the tank full, and typically keep around 100-125 gallons onboard, and typically it's one to two people, which is why we mostly average 2.1 - 2.2 mpg.... (that additional 100 gallons of gas is over 600 lbs. so I only 'top off' when going on long, multi-day runs). Side note; unlike some of CP folks here, when on plane I intentionally run a bit bow-high to lessen wetted hull surface (better economy). This also helps to keep spray off the pilothouse glass, and spray out of the pilothouse since I usually have the front windows cracked open about 3" - 4" .......

1.9 inshore cruise, light load. 1.4 `offshore trim tabs down with a fishing load. 2018 Yamaha F200XCA's
For comparison, our 2520 XLD with a 2014 single 300 Yamaha, averages 2.1 to 2.2 mpg at 4300 -4400 rpm. (This yields 30-32 mph). ... With a full load of 200 gallons of gas, water tank, coolers, heavy bimini, fishing gear, 3 people etc, it averages 1.8-1.9. mpg. But, I seldom have the tank full, and typically keep around 100-125 gallons onboard, and typically it's one to two people, which is why we mostly average 2.1 - 2.2 mpg.... (that additional 100 gallons of gas is over 600 lbs. so I only 'top off' when going on long, multi-day runs). Side note; unlike some of CP folks here, when on plane I intentionally run a bit bow-high to lessen wetted hull surface (better economy). This also helps to keep spray off the pilothouse glass, and spray out of the pilothouse since I usually have the front windows cracked open about 3" - 4" .......
I should add when light on fuel and only one or two people onboard I also run 2.1 mpg. I also have a lot of upgrades. FLIR, Outriggers, center rigger, 24" radar on a pedestal, 40' of chain on my anchor, Fridge, fishing gear, propane grill, ECT... also running 4300 RPM; however, I get 30 KNOTS with four blade props that were tuned. Oh, and my bottom is painted.

I should add when light on fuel and only one or two people onboard I also run 2.1 mpg. I also have a lot of upgrades. FLIR, Outriggers, center rigger, 24" radar on a pedestal, 40' of chain on my anchor, Fridge, fishing gear, propane grill, ECT... also running 4300 RPM; however, I get 30 KNOTS with four blade props that were tuned. Oh, and my bottom is painted.
I didn't mention that above, but our bottom is also painted; I suppose that adds a small speed-penalty, at least compared to a waxed, gel-coated bottom. You're getting about the same fuel economy as ours, even considering the extra weight of your twin 200's. And it sounds like you're usually carrying more gear/weight. (Except when I fill up the 200 gallon fuel tank)... Your 30 knots=34.5 mph is better than our 30-32mph at the same rpm, and you're running twins!... By the way, love your FLIR; I remember when you installed it.... I used FLIR and M.I.T. I/R imagers for years, way back when I was a productive working member of society.☺ FLIR makes great equipment!

Last edited:
It's better with a Big single..... WHY? Less drag.
I disagree. My last boat a 26' Striper with a single 250 yamaha four stroke would get 2.0-2.2 mpg average. With twin 150 yamaha's it was 2.2-2.5 and did not suffer as much slow down with a following sea. More blade and torq in the water.
My 2520 parker with twin 150's (year 2010) I get between 1.4-1.9. Tuna tower on top, trolling motor on the bow and two big thru hull transducers, 80 gallon bait tank with bottom paint.

Back