2530 picture thread SHOW THEM OFF

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the (very dirty) picture from when the old engine was just removed, notice how I dont full length stringers but just the short little engine mounts. Do you guys think I need to reinforce the transom with some L braces or something like that to accommodate the new power plant?

Attachments

• dirty engine compartment.jpg
    dirty engine compartment.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 127
One of the guys I talked to put an entire sheet (cut to fit of course) of 1/4 aluminum on the inside of his transom and suggested I do the same.

I wouldn't do that. Your just adding weight where you don't want it.

Stopped down at the marina a few days ago. Weather was about 60 degrees. Back down to 25 today. Hopefully Phil the groundhog was right.

Attachments

• IMAG0425a.jpg
    IMAG0425a.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 520
We've been putting in lots of hours trying to get this boat the way I've always wanted it. The hole where the outdrive used to be was first filled with 1/2 inch marine plywood (3 layers sandwiched together with gorilla glue, the outside 2 layers were both beveled to fit inside the beveled hole in the transom) and then 5 layers of fiberglass on both the inside and outside. AFter this was sanded down we filled in the gaps with marine bondo and then gel coat over that. The gel coat color wasn't matched very well but since it is covered by the outboard bracket on the outside I didn't really mind (the inside will be painted over also).
Here are some photos of the process so far.

Attachments

• Sanded interior.jpg
    Sanded interior.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Plywood in hole.jpg
    Plywood in hole.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 72
  • fiberglass in transom.jpg
    fiberglass in transom.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 72
  • Bondo in transom.jpg
    Bondo in transom.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Gel coat on transom.jpg
    Gel coat on transom.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 72
As soon as the engine installation is complete I can have my fiberglass man finish the deck and inside transom. This is my new deck hatch that will sit flush and at some point i will be putting a sizeable fish box underneath the hatch.

Attachments

• Hatch top.jpg
    Hatch top.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Hatch bottom.jpg
    Hatch bottom.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 67
Here is the bracket I got from Pooderbuilt Marine in Belllingham Washington, i couldn't be happier with it. He did a couple little things with the build that I thought were really smart such as: lining the holes for the engine bolts with a plastic sleeve so it (hopefully) wont rub the powder coat off and sandwiching the kicker mount with starboard so the kicker wont take the powder coat off.

The bracket was right at $3000 which was cheaper than the other manufacturers and i didn't have to ship it all the way across the country!

Attachments

• Bracket top.jpg
    Bracket top.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 70
  • Bracket Kicker View.jpg
    Bracket Kicker View.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 70
  • Bracket Install.jpg
    Bracket Install.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Bracket and Engine.jpg
    Bracket and Engine.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 70
I've been considering it and Im leaning that direction. I wonder if Parker will sell me one?

jimbob AK":16assgcl said:
I've been considering it and Im leaning that direction. I wonder if Parker will sell me one?

In my opinion I would build one that is deeper that the stock one since you have the room for it.

It's kinda hard to tell from the grainy pix's....But I bet that motor needs to be raised on the bracket.

The other thing is your trim Tabs. It would be a good time to jump the size on them.

Each of these items will increase your fuel millage.

My baby with her new Suzi 250 and a shot of my buddies identical 2530 parked next door.

Attachments

• resized Parker1.jpg
    resized Parker1.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 12
  • resized set of 2530's.jpg
    resized set of 2530's.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 427
Moved to different slip set up on a lake.

Attachments

• P1090258 (Medium).JPG
    P1090258 (Medium).JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 384
1st day of summer and we are turning it into "Dog Day's". :)

100_5194_zps726255f3.jpg

100_5189_zpsfd2ce2d4.jpg

Hi guys,

I've really liked the pics. I'm looking hard at a 2530 for my next boat to run off the coast in Washington state for tuna/salmon/bottom fish. Trying to figure out how many guys you can sleep in a 2530? I'd like to be able to save on hotel/restaurant bills when running out to the coast to fish. Looks like two in the V and one on the dinette?

I'd love it if someone could post of a pic of someone or two laying in the berth and/or the dinette.

Thanks much!

Rob in Seattle

Gets crowded. Tall people in vee, feet hang out or lay angled. Single at dinette is long. Shuffle stuff around cabin, into cockpit, or roof.

I have pics of vee, have to think if have any with people present!

Have only slept two so far. I've slept in both places.

Dana

Buy this one. 8)

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11656

I'm 6'3" and sleep very comfortably on the dinette as well as in the Vee.

I would say 3 guys is max in the 2530 with a dinette, have done it before and it works well for fishing trips.

When I take the family, the wife and 2 kids sleep in the vee and I take the dinette, also works well.

So two couples would be pushing it...

Great boats, I'm going to try to think of a way the dinette could be made to sleep two. I really have my heart set on a 9'+ beam boat under 30' from anchor to trimmed up props and I think the 2530 is it.

Rob

Back