25ft Parker MV with a single 150hp, 175hp or 200hp

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captbone

Reaction score
Hello

I am looking for performance reports on the 25ft Parker MV with a 150hp thru 200hp. I am curious to the performance and economy. Any problem with full fuel and 4 guys fishing?

The reason that I am interested in the 150hp-175hp engine is because you can get a 4 cylinder four stroke new for $8-$9k vs $13-$15k for a 225/250hp.

I would love any pictures you have. Thansk

captbone":1t7rdfzs said:
I am looking for performance reports on the 25ft Parker MV with a 150hp thru 200hp. I am curious to the performance and economy. Any problem with full fuel and 4 guys fishing?

The reason that I am interested in the 150hp-175hp engine is because you can get a 4 cylinder four stroke new for $8-$9k vs $13-$15k for a 225/250hp.

While the 4 cyl 4-strokes are indeed less expensive, I think you would be disappointed in the performance with "full fuel and 4 guys fishing", even on an MV hull.
I have a 225 OX66 on my 14 degree MVSC, and I don't think I would want any less.

If I am ever forced to repower, I will most likely be looking at the 250 or 300 Yamaha Offshore series motor.

I would never go below 200hp on a mod-V Parker. 1 or 2 members here run them that way, just make SURE to run the right prop, so with 1/3rd fuel, std gear and you aboard, the motor should run NO LESS than 200-300 off maximum RPMs, closer to 200 off would be ideal.

I just went through this dilemma ... had considered selling my boat, and after I found another one (and bought it) I found a steal on a few year old 225hp Evinrude that we re-mapped to be a 250hp motor. Follow this post for details: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10952

With my old 2-stroke, once rebuilt, the best I ever saw around 4K cruise was 28mph and almost 2mpg. I can't wait to see how the newer technology motor treats my big girl!

I'm running a new 300 offshore series Yamaha on my 2510xl modified V. After 40hours of usage my average fuel consumption is roughly 11 gal. Per hour.

Pdksr":2b4mblil said:
After 40hours of usage my average fuel consumption is roughly 11 gal. Per hour.
With all due respect ... a fuel burn of 11 gph means NOTHING without knowing the avg speed. It's been hotly debated before, but any fuel burn data without respect to the distance traveled is ... practically useless ...

I'd only consider a Yam 300hp Offshore is they fixed the filtration, injector, exhaust housing corrosion, and lower-HP-without-high-octane fuels problems that plagued the F225 and F250 Yams.

Maybe i'm crazy but I wouldn't even think of having anyless than 250 horses.. now I have twin 115 and would love twin 200 s .. maybe next year,, but 28mph cruz is not good for me on a 50 mile one way trip. I could only think what it would be like with a single 200 or a 150 . no way for me.. you have only one time to get it right .. it will cost triple next time if your not happy.

I had a 25 MV with a 225hp 2 stroke and would not have wanted any less. I think a 150 would be seriously underpowered and be working way too hard pushing a 25PH. You could probably get by with a 200hp but the smaller motors would have to work so much harder especially with 4 guys and a full tank I doubt if you'd be saving on fuel.

I have a 2120 DV (2004) with a Yamaha 150 4 stroke. I have fished with 4 big guys and a full tank. Not Good. Slow. If I were forced to repower it would be a 225 - That being said, you would think my 150 would be saving me money, but everwhere I go, I'm pegged out. The ship is fast enough if your in no rush kicking around the bay. But really...I want to Fly to my next location and not spend my day putt'in along to get there. I need twin 300's speed...But I was lucky to find a 2120 on the cheap and i'm just happy to be in the game. Clearly a 150 is not enough. I would buy as much power as I could and drive her at 1/2 speed rather than full bore like I run my ship. Good Luck!

Back