28 foot Parker Sport Cabin with twin 115s???

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fighterpilot

Reaction score
Saw ad for a 1989 28 foot Parker Sport Cabin with twin 2011 Suzuki 115 hp 4 strokes. Boat had second helm and window a/c mounted for some additional weight. I question rather twin 115s are enough HP even thought they are DF Suzukis. What does the forum think? Thanks

I only know what the ad says. Here is a picture.

Attachments

• 28pk (2).jpg
    28pk (2).jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 587
Interesting.
If that 1989 hull is similar to the 2520 hull, it would have a 14 degree deadrise.
In that case, 230 hp would be marginal, but should push it about as well as a 2520 of that era with a single 225 I would suspect.

I would think that hull is underpowered and here's why. Each of those f115's weigh 476pounds. X2 = 946 pounds on the transom. An old ox66 250 weighs 475 pounds and produced a lot of power. A new etec 225 weighs 508 pounds. I bring the etec into the equation because I fished all fall one year on goodchances's 2520xl w an etec 225 and that mod v hull was no speed demon..we cruised at 19-20 Knt's and WOT was probably near 28 knts. Now, add some length to the cockpit on the hull in question and weigh her down w another 420 pounds in the stern, and I think those motors will be struggling.
IMO only..just doing the math.

http://panamacity.craigslist.org/boa/4252532089.html

Here's the add you saw, right?
Notice there's a Honda generator and a/c...a second helm as well. So, there's a lot of extra weight on that vessel. BUT, if you were interrested in this hull, selling the f115's off would yield you $14,000... Then add a Yamaha F300 and your in business!

Being an 1989, one might have to replace the deck as well. I'll pass. As far as another question I have posted regarding "Tuna Doors" on the Parker 2520, have had one rely indicating his 2320 had the transom door, but no 2520s yet. Thanks

I don;t think its a parker! Name on boat says it all, something fishy? My father had a c-hawk and looks exactly like the hull in the picture

Appreciate the input. In any event I am going to pass. Going to give up on the Parkers unless I can find one with a tuna door. Will work with the Gradys and the Wellcraft Coastal 270s. Thanks for your patience with me and all of the information afforded me.

Why do you need that? You planning on 500lb fish?

I step right from the bracket platform up onto the top of the transom cap and down into the cockpit all the time.

Come on Warthog, I'm planning on 8 great-grand-kids swimming off the stern now and than. If I am going to buy a boat might as well include them as well. Besides, I'm a lot older than you, hence not as agile.

A pix makes this Easy. :D I'm 58 with a bad back.

No problem for these 9 girls. My 4 Granddaughters , Girlfriends 3 and some of their friends. :D

1002354_10200319457485799_1576737692_n_zps4e10f805.jpg

The dogs we pick up and get'em on the swim platform. After that....They just hope over into the cockpit.

100_5189_zpsfd2ce2d4.jpg

Your pictures make a convincing case. Nice dogs too. I'm 80 and nothing individually bad, just everything in general a little worn. Maybe I won't give up on the Parkers. Thanks FP

Back