2801 CC Engine Height

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blisk

Reaction score
Hi everyone. First time poster here. Just took delivery of a 2023 2801 CC. Love the boat so far. Has everything I need and nothing I don't which is why I went with this boat! One problem I am having is the engines (F300s) seem to be mounted too low from the factory. Running normally the anti cavitation plates are about 2" under water causing a lot of spray behind the boat. Also has a tendency to porpoise a bit when trimmed up. Its pretty clear to me that the engines need to be raised a few notches. Engines are on the lowest mounting point from the factory. Just curious if any other 2801 owners have/had the same issue and if moving the engines up fixed this issue.

Thanks

I don't seem to have the same problem you do- and mine are mounted in the lowest holes as well. Have not put eyes on the cavitation plate underway- but I would consider the spray as minimal ( or normal?). Trim behavior and response seem pretty normal too? Seems too obvious - but I gotta ask- have you confirmed the bracket is not taking on any water?

I chose no seating up front an have a pulpit/windlass- mentioning this because I would guess my weight distribution is a little different than yours?

Hey IcyA. I have not checked the bracket for water yet but I definitely will this weekend. Good call! When I trim up the engines the spray is not to bad but I still have to deploy the trim tabs some to minimize proposing. I have the front seating which I would assume would help keep the bow down. I had two people sit at the bow and did help a little.

Back