2801 Parker - Twin 150 Performance

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodChance

Reaction score
I know that most 28 Parkers come equipped with a pair of 250 or 300 engines. But I seem to recall that someone put a pair of 150 engines on a 28. Does anyone recall this boat? As I recall, the boat was in Virginia

I recall seeing it the "For Sale" section here on CP. He got a bunch of question about performance. IIRC he had it propped to cruise about 25-30mph

Last edited:
I recall seeing in it the "For Sale" section here on CP. He got a bunch of question about performance. IIRC he had it propped to cruise about 25-30mph

That's what I remember too Jim.

I just found this thread in the archives of Classic Parker: 150s on a 28?

Last edited:
Why do you want to know Good Chance? Did you find a underpowerd 28 to buy? LOL

Kind-of. I found a 2801 that needs re-powering. I also have a pair of Mercury 3.0l 150hp engines.

I'm looking for fact-based evidence of someone who may have powered a 28 Parker with a pair of 150's who can provide empirical numbers of what is expect-able performance.

I have a 2510 MV with twin F115s. Power is acceptable based on the MV ride—I have to slow down in choppy water, so they do A-OK. If I were to re-power, I’d go for twin F150s.

On a 28, I’d consider twin F150s marginally/under powered.

Me personally I would never do 150s. There is no need now that zuke and yamaha both have 4 cylinder 200s. 200s would be my minimum hp. But I like to cruise 30 mph with out rpm being 5500.

warthog5 said:

Why do you want to know Good Chance? Did you find a underpowerd 28 to buy? LOL
Kind-of. I found a 2801 that needs re-powering. I also have a pair of Mercury 3.0l 150hp engines.

I'm looking for fact-based evidence of someone who may have powered a 28 Parker with a pair of 150's who can provide empirical numbers of what is expect-able performance.

Now I'm really confused.....with your knowledge of boating and boat ownership.

Previous boats owned;

46 Chesapeake Deadrise
35 Duffy
25 Parker PH
2801 Parker - Sold, along with Everything Else except......
2300 Parker DVCC

Twin 150s would be just fine.......... if planning on running at displacement speeds only.......

:oops:

Back