2830 Extended Cabin

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only 173 gallons of fuel?

Does that seem low to you guys?

Even high-balling at 2mpg that gives you 246 in range. So 200 if you're going to play safe.

pmeggers":280n6zxu said:
Only 173 gallons of fuel?

Does that seem low to you guys?

Even high-balling at 2mpg that gives you 246 in range. So 200 if you're going to play safe.

Yeah that seems pretty low. Same tank as the 2530 I would assume. That boat definately needs 300 gallons plus to give you a good range. Oh and 2mpg? I dont know about all that . I am guessing somewhere in the 1.2 to 1.6 range on a good day.

yeah i knew 2 was impossible, i was just trying to prove my point.

im shocked they would manufacure a boat that size with some extremely limited range. anyone in the long island, ct, nj, ri area would certainly expect that boat to be able to make it offshore on good days.

i hold 235 and get anywhere from 1.4-1.7 depending on my load and atlantis/west atlantis from niantic ct is my limit without having to stop at mtk to fill up.

That would not be enough. And if you are going to buy a boat designed to get out and fish offshore you want the redundancy. I don't care what they tell you - "90% of all the problems are fuel related" - I like having 2 engines when I am anywhere farther than 30+ off the coast.

Wow, Ive been dreaming of a real livewell and kill box for along time. Maybe Linwood, would do a even swap my 25' for this new 28'. It would be great for R&D.

Back