• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2nd helm station wanted

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Join the club.Ive been looking for one for over anyear now. They are hard to come by

I bought one from Parker 2 years ago and was pleased with the cost.I can't remember exactly what the price was but it minor compared to a helm,hoses,controls,cables and start stop controls.

Are you looking for the one that is a stand alone type by the rail ? If so I will have one real soon. It will be just the station as I will be reusing all the controls.

I have all the controls, cables, steering in a cobia tower box. You could use all the stuff and just get a deck mount or gunnel mount.
732-245-3816
Capt Brian

I'm in Monmouth County NJ

I'm looking to add a second station too but is there a reason y Parker boats dont mount it right in the gunwale? Is the gunnel too narrow for this to be done? I know judge boats do it...

tomysel":3o93zjrq said:
I'm looking to add a second station too but is there a reason y Parker boats dont mount it right in the gunwale? Is the gunnel too narrow for this to be done? I know judge boats do it...

Yes, some builders mount directly to the washboard, but I've always thought they were cutting corners by doing so.
I like my washboards free of hardware, other than cleats and rod holders. But, that's me.

I like the freestanding rear station, and if you are retro-fitting one, YOU get to decide where you want it mounted.
In my case, I wanted it further aft than where the factory mounts theirs, and right where I could easily get to my trolling rods.

You may also notice that I reversed the wheel and motor controls from the way the Parker factory mounts theirs.
Personal preference... which is something you can do when adding a rear station to your boat. :wink:
I wouldn't have it any other way.

Attachments

• Rear station.jpg
    Rear station.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 155
  • Rear station 1.jpg
    Rear station 1.jpg
    993 KB · Views: 155
Back