300 hp -2320 Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty D

Reaction score
Hi guys, two years ago I was going to repower my 2005-2320 Sport cabin with full transom. After looking at new motors and the price being over 20k I keep my 200 hpdi. I now have over 2,000 hours. I'm starting to look again. I was looking at the 250 4 stroke until I meet a guy who has the same year boat as me. 2320. He put on a 300 hp. 4 stroke. He was telling me how much gas he is saving from his old 250. My question is? Can a 2320 full transom handle a 300 hp? I remember calling Armstrong the makers of the transom and it's rated for 250 hp. Any info. Would help.

I have a 2014 with the 300. I was told the bracket is a little larger to displace the extra weight but the 300 weighs the same as the 225 and 250. Very happy with the 300.

Just carouse what is your top end speed with the 300hp?
Thing must crank on a 2320!

IMHO a DF250 Suzuki spinning the bigger diameter 16" wheel will give you the best cruise and all-around performance. And with none of the issues of the big Yam 4-strokes ...

Oh, and 2,000 hours is NOTHING on a modern motor ... you just got her broken in!

I know you were going to say that, Mr. Dale H. 2000 hours on this motor are hard hours. It wasn't driven by a little old lady. How many times I was out 60 miles tuna fishing and get a alarm going off on my radar that a storm is coming with 50 mph winds. I have it set 100 miles. I would run back WOT for 3 hours non stop. I'm hard on motors. She does run good. Now with grand kids on the boat, I just don't feel safe with this motor. Maybe I will keep her one more year. I did do a lot of work to the motor last year. All the high and low fuel injector. Every filter. Even tho I'm a yamaha guy. I will look at the motor you got. Thanks

TowBoat/US Northeast has 14 Suzukis ... and not one has ever had an injector or filter (think Yam VSTs) failure or any other warranty service. Pretty damn impressive results if you ask me!

Re: you running it hard .... IMHO the worse thing for an OB is someone who baby's it, then puts the screw to it ...

What is IMHO? I just looked at your motor. New $15k. That's about 8k less then yamaha. I been watching Suzuki outboard since you told me about them 2 years ago. They are great motors. If I can save $8k I may just do it. My family thinks im nuts spending $20k on a motor. They don't understand boating. They say for That money you can get a new boat. What, a 18 ft no name brand boat that I'm going to have problems with in two or three years. In the ten years I had my Parker the only elect. Problem I had was the saltwater wash down pumps. Dale, on a 2330 Parker, that's a 25 in. Shaft?

I just looked up IMHO. You must be a comp. guy. Lol

Back