94' Parker 17'cc

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K9Willem

Reaction score
I have heard on several boards including here by JBK that the 17'cc is somewhat rare. Does anyone have info on this model? I have a 1994 with 409hrs on an 85hp Yamaha. I bought the boat from a marine biologist who kept it in his garage for 12 years.

Thanks,

K9Willem

K9Willen, I'm not sure when Parker started making the 17'CC but the latest model I believe was about a 1998 so that must be about when they stopped making the 17' and stayed with the 18' line. I have a few original Parker brochures from when I brought mine new in 1992. They list a length of 17' -- Beam 7' -- Draft 7" - Transom height 20" -- Dry Weight 1,050 lbs. -- Max HP 130 -- Fuel Cap. 30 gal. Not a lot of difference between it and the 18' which has a length of 18' and beam of 7'6"-- Weight 1,450 lbs. -- Fuel Cap. 40 gal. The brochures show a couple of different versions. One shows a foward seat, storage area that goes all the way across the front that you would have to step over. Mine is layed out just like an 18 footer except with a smaller console. I purchased mine in 1992 with a Yamaha 85 hp 2 stroke, never did like the engine as even the dealer could not get it to idle just right. I only kept it about a year and traded it in for a 90 Yamaha 2 stroke with the oil injection, made all the difference in the world. I kept this engine until this year. I like your boats original owner lost interest in the boat and it sat in my garage for about 3 years. Then my grandson Austin decided he wanted to go fishing so I got the boat out and cleaned it up like new. The 2 stroke 90 had never had a water pump and from where it sat so long the carbs were messed up so I traded it for a new Yamaha 90 4 stroke. Again all the difference in the world. I really like this motor and it will really push this boat, it's quiet and very fuel efficient. It will get the boat up on plane much faster than the 2 stokes did, the only draw back is the motor is about 100 lbs. heavier than the 2 stoke and sets the transom down a couple more inches in the water which is no problem. If you go to the "Introduce Yourself " section page 3 I have my story posted there. Like I said in the other post I know of one other 17' in the town near me and I have seen one advertised for sale in Del. They are the only ones I know of. A friend of mine wanted the one for sale in Delaware and we called about it the same day we saw the ad and it had already sold. He's still looking for one if anyone knows of one near Maryland.

I emailed Robin at Parker Boats last night and had a reply first thing this morning (talk about service!!!) My question was what years did they make the 17' CC and how many did they produce. The answer I received was they were built between 1990 and 1997. There were only 268 of the 17'CC made so I would say that makes them pretty rare nowdays.

JBK,

Now I would call that GREAT service!!! I would also say 268 boats in 7 years is Rare!! I wonder if that would increase the price of my boat if I were ever to re-sell it. Thanks for checking. I will post photo's hopefully within a week or two of my completed work.

K9Willem

Back