A NON Parker boat project requiring creative thinking...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheOtherLine

Reaction score
So, I recently bought a small 8' v hull dinghy to do maintenance on my dock and lift. Also plan on rowing to get some excersice ... :roll: that's what I told the wife...

Anyway, I want to keep this dinghy on the dock deck and then just lower into the water when needed. I don't want to spend a bunch of money on lifts, cradles or floating dock systems .

I'm thinking some sort of aluminum rail or light weight PVC gizmo that I can lay flat on the dock when not needed and then lower into the water when I want to launch the dinghy .

I've got about a 6' drop from the deck to the water. It obviously needs to float on the waters end. Maybe tie some large orange anchor buoys to the end. The other end will remain on the deck.

I'm envisioning something that looks like the bunks on a boat trailer. V shaped, but a lot lighter.

The dinghy only weighs 70 lbs or so. I can position it on the lowered ramp and lower it by attaching a line to the stern eye bolts and letting her down nose first. I plan on pulling her up the same way although that might be tougher job pulling "uphill".

I'm not stuck on the ramp idea. If you have a McGyver lift solution..I'm all ears.

Any thoughts from this enterprising group would be appreciated.

What about a lobster trap/tuna a hoist gimbal and lower/raise it from a 3-point lift, bow and stern corners. Could use a boat trailer winch for the lift/lower, maybe?

Actually, I just saw dinghy davits on sale in Boston's Craig's List for $200 IIRC. Davits could work too.

Latest posts

Back