above deck fuel

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pboettger

Reaction score
My 1990 25 CC has a 120 gal aluminum tank under the front deck. Of course this boat was built when gas was cheap and was burned faster with old 2 stroke engines. So I'm planning to ultimately replace it with an under deck 58 gallon polymer tank, but not this year. Almost all of my outings are a max of 15-20 miles round trip. So as a temporary/auxillary measure I'm thinking of leaving the big tank drained and placing two 26 gallon moellers above the deck, inside the console, where I can just reach in and switch from one to the other when needed. Does anyone know if there are any regs (coast guard, etc) that might prohibit this set-up?

I'd be concerned with those tanks venting under there! Whereas you also have electronics underneath that helm, well something could spark.

I sure wouldn't do it, as you propose it, that's for sure ...

Good points, guys. It sounds like I probably should hold off and use what I have until I just go ahead and replace the original with a smaller one. Just brainstorming about ways to avoid having to leave so much gas in the tank, as well as cut down on weight to improve fuel economy.

Peter

Pboettger":2v82bz9m said:
Good points, guys. It sounds like I probably should hold off and use what I have until I just go ahead and replace the original with a smaller one. Just brainstorming about ways to avoid having to leave so much gas in the tank, as well as cut down on weight to improve fuel economy.

Peter
Do not fill the tank up, no reason to have it full if not going far.

I have a similar issue 1987 2520 65 gal under the deck thinking about 2 35gal combination fuel tanks seats made out of stainles steel have pricing its not that bad any suggestions thanx john

DaleH":2uity2p0 said:
I'd be concerned with those tanks venting under there! Whereas you also have electronics underneath that helm, well something could spark.

I sure wouldn't do it, as you propose it, that's for sure ...
I agree wit Dale a explosion waiting to happen. I have a 2320 with a 150gal tank I keep it about 1/2 full I can go 80mi before I think about fuel. I dock my boat and use Val-Tech fuel never had a fuel issue, use you existing tank and a good fuel conditioner.

Back