Accuracy of the Yamaha Fuel Flow Meter?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skorcher

Reaction score
I have a 2014 2320 and my fuel gauge is not functioning again. When I took delivery of the boat the gauge was not working but I had that taken care of during the initial service at Tristate. For end of season last year I filled the tank and had the boat winterized. The fuel gauge has not worked at all this year.
I have been watching the fuel flow on the gauge and I am hoping this is at least a semi accurate way to figure how much fuel is left in the tank. According to the flow meter I have burned just over 50 gallons this year which seems low to me given the amount of running I have done.

Opinions?

On my boat I have a Yamaha fuel flow meter (paddle wheel type and replaced a few years ago. It failed.), dial type fuel gauge on the top of the fuel tank and can view it via clear pie hole plate.

I add a certain amount of gas and check each gauge and it seems to be very close.

Not very scientific but I trust the digital gauge

As a follow up, I refilled this past weekend and the tank took 50 gallons. The flow meter showed that I have burned 54 gallons so it was pretty close

Skorcher":1hwz8xl4 said:
As a follow up, I refilled this past weekend and the tank took 50 gallons. The flow meter showed that I have burned 54 gallons so it was pretty close
I have a 2012 2820 with twin 250s,I can say that mine is more accurate than I thought it would be but I always keep it topped of after or before each trip as a precautionary.Just sayin....

Latest posts

Back